What's new

The Passion of the Christ: Definitive Edition - 02/06/07 (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Well, they duped us again. They said there wouldn't be a "special edition", and here it comes. Anyway --

I'M THERE! :D

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I have always held off purchasing this very important work, knowing the rumored SE would eventually appear. One thing seems certain: the re-release will cause the recent firestorm over Gibson's arrest to reignite.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I knew this would happen. I'm there. I hope the extras are worthwhile explorations of the filmmaking process and are not targeted exclusively at the more high-profile fans of the film.

Regards,
Nathan

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Wonder if this will be the reduced-violence version they put back in theaters a year or two ago...

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
I wonder if they will put the scenes back in that were taken out before it was released in theaters? Also, they could have the "recut" version with the toned down violent scenes included easily via seamless branching, it would just shorten some of those scenes a bit. And then either version could be watched.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Give me the theatrical cut. I can't foresee having any reason to see the "Aunt Martha" cut, which still would've gotten an R had it been rated. I know there's people out there who prefer that sort of thing, but for me it'd dilute the film's impact.

I too would prefer that this thread remains open, sans his post and membership.

Regards,
Nathan

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
This is why I held off on the initial release; the inevitable double dip.

Another vote for the original theatrical cut, which was one of the most powerful motion pictures I have ever seen.

Steve

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm hoping there's some material on the cinematography and music. Both were excellent. I've been to a lecture by Jim Caveziel and he had some facinating stories about the filming of The Passion - although, I'm not sure if commentaries would work well. It would be neat if there was a commentary with some scholars. There was a making-of documentary that aired on PAX back in 2004, which was good. Mel Gibson wore a clown nose between some scenes in order to lighten up the actors in the more grisly scenes.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
My thoughts exactly. And I take it the original's A/V quality left something to be desired?

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

It looks great on my setup, but Robert Harris and others with better video equipment felt that it was lacking in detail.

RobertDigilio

Auditioning
The latest on Special Features/Extras for The Passion Of The Christ: The Definitive Edition from Word Distribution (http://www.worddistribution.com/_pro...etail&pID=2583) :

The Passion of the Christ is a ground breaking film that has changed countless lives by illuminating the last few hours of Christ's life and ministry on earth. The film stands as the #11 biggest films in terms of box office sales for all time and the original DVD sold over 15 million units. Now, for the first time, we bring you the incredible full story of how this film came to be in The Passion of the Christ - The Definitive Edition. Explore behind the scenes and witness the journey of the many passionate and determined individuals that worked against the odds to bring this culture-impacting film to life.

SPECIAL FEATURES
*2 DVD set
*Commentary From Mel Gibson, Theologian Father William J. Fulco, and Music Commentary by John Debney
*Includes 'By His Wounds We Are Healed: Making the Passion of the Christ' Documentary
*'The Legacy' Feature-Commentary on the Times and Culture during the time of Christ
*Deleted Scenes
*Theatrical Trailers
*Still Picture Galleries
*And Much, Much More

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Specs look good. "Much, much more" sounds promising as well. Hopefully, "music commentary" means isolated score with commentary.

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
Those specs sound very intriguing. I am alwayas a sucker for a good commentary and deleted scenes. I can't wait to see what the much, much more entails as what else could there be?

I waited a year before I bought the bare bones DVD, and still haven't watched it yet. The movie is still fresh in my mind from when it first came out in the theatres. This is the most powerful movie I have ever seen.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
As per DavisDVD: the street date is now 01/30 (a week earlier), and will also include "The Passion Recut" for us completists! I just hope it's via seamless branhcing, and not the second disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks