Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Deftones New Album "Saturday Night Wrist"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 01:48 PM

I saw Deftones a month or so back and they played a few tracks off this new album, and I must say, I like it a lot already. much more than their last studio album which was self-titled. Anyone else listening to this? Thoughts?
Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#2 of 5 Monty B

Monty B

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 11:27 PM

On first listen I dig it but I will have to listen to it some more. My first impression is that it isnt as strong as The White Pony or Around the Fur but still better than the last album.

#3 of 5 Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 10:46 AM

I've been through it a couple of times now, and without a doubt it is stronger than the last album (which was thoroughly disappointing!). I need to give it a few more spins to properly review it, but it's still nowhere near as good as "White Pony" or "Around the Fur" which are two modern masterpieces in my book.

There's nobody out there that is making anything like "Shut Up and Drive (Far Away)" or "Change (In the House of Flies)". I can't even begin to categorize those songs except for "Genius".

#4 of 5 Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted November 07 2006 - 12:01 PM

I agree with you 100% about that. those are their 2 best albums. and Shut Up and Drive, is definetly one of my top Deftones songs hands down. This album definetly has some catchiness to it, but on some songs the harmony that Chino trys to do, doesnt fit well. I did read that they scrapped all the original vocals and redid them. Probably for the better. I also got a hold of Team Sleep, but havent had the time to listen to it yet, I highly doubt Ill be disappointed by it however.
Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#5 of 5 chr1s

chr1s

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted November 08 2006 - 11:33 PM

Ive only listened to it once all the way through. It seems to be a bit more mellow.... well compared to their usual selves, lol, but i like it. Certainly better than alot of crap coming out at the moment. Posted Image
Im Murdock and.... CRAZY!