Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Two Holiday Classics and a Scooby Snack From Warner Bros.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   AaronSCH

AaronSCH

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 03:44 AM

Well, it just doesn't stop so I am gonna get that second job to pay for all these discs. Warner just announced the classic "A Christmas Story," "Scooby Doo," and the previously announced "Christmas Vacation" the full story is here: Warner Bros. Holiday Fare

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,781 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 07:35 AM

Finally Christmas Vacation! Greatness.....Posted Image

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 3,056 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 08:30 AM

Excellent! I'll definitely want both Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story (best Christmas movie ever!) on HD DVD! Scooby the movie.... not so much. Though the classic cartoons would be fun.
I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   AaronSCH

AaronSCH

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 12:01 PM

A Christmas Story is one of a small handful of holiday-themed films that can truly be called a classic. I used to have the two-disc 20th anniversary edition but I never thought this particular title would be rushed to high definition so quickly.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark Basile

Mark Basile

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 05:55 PM

It was one of the first titles available on DVD when that format came out as well, although it was owned by MGM at the time, so I'm not surprised. Plus, it's Christmas time. Nice that two of the best Christmas movies will be in hi-def this year. I wonder how big of an improvement over standard def they will be?

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,775 posts

Posted November 03 2006 - 02:04 AM

Based on the way they were filmed and how they look on DVD. I'm guessing that Christmas Vacation will look great but many will complain about or be dissapointed in A Christmas Story. It was filmed with flat colors and probably will appear soft and a little grainy in HD.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users