What's new

On Line Poker (1 Viewer)

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
I joined PokerStars.net to play poker for fun. We play a lot at home to. While playing at home with friends for a minimal buy-in I noticed most folks play conservatively and bluff from time to time. On-line however, it seems to never play out that way. No matter what type of game I get into, most players simply play every hand they get. some win, most lose. If I play conservatively, I always end up with everyone else's play money. That never happens in a real game at home with friends. We all seem to win at an even pace. They say playing on-line is a good place to practice, but to me, I see no benefit at all except to while away an hour or so from time to time. what are your thoughts about the current poker craze and on-line playing?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Well, first of all, you are playing with play money, nobody will play very serious with those stakes.

I play online a lot at Full Tilt and the stakes are kind of low $.50/1.00 NL or $5-$20 tourneys, the NL cash games are $100 buy ins and you will still see some people throw money around.

Basically, playing for fun and no stakes will get EXTREMLEY loose action, but once money gets involved people's play will tighten up.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I mess around on Poker Stars a bit, but mostly play in live games or local "home" games. Came in second tonight, good for about 150, but playing online just gets so old with all the donkey calls. Even the .50/1.00 games get stupid players, you just have to be patient at any of them, that is the hard part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks