Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

On Line Poker

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 01:29 PM

I joined PokerStars.net to play poker for fun. We play a lot at home to. While playing at home with friends for a minimal buy-in I noticed most folks play conservatively and bluff from time to time. On-line however, it seems to never play out that way. No matter what type of game I get into, most players simply play every hand they get. some win, most lose. If I play conservatively, I always end up with everyone else's play money. That never happens in a real game at home with friends. We all seem to win at an even pace. They say playing on-line is a good place to practice, but to me, I see no benefit at all except to while away an hour or so from time to time. what are your thoughts about the current poker craze and on-line playing?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 01:54 PM

Well, first of all, you are playing with play money, nobody will play very serious with those stakes. I play online a lot at Full Tilt and the stakes are kind of low $.50/1.00 NL or $5-$20 tourneys, the NL cash games are $100 buy ins and you will still see some people throw money around. Basically, playing for fun and no stakes will get EXTREMLEY loose action, but once money gets involved people's play will tighten up.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Brandon_T

Brandon_T

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 02:59 PM

I mess around on Poker Stars a bit, but mostly play in live games or local "home" games. Came in second tonight, good for about 150, but playing online just gets so old with all the donkey calls. Even the .50/1.00 games get stupid players, you just have to be patient at any of them, that is the hard part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users