What's new

Here he come, here comes SPEED RACER...he's a demon on wheels. (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
It looks like Speed will finally be hitting the screen in a live action film from the Wachowskis!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=38781

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
First Michael Bay with Transformers, now the Wachowski bros with Speed Racer. What can we expect next?

Egbert Souse

Agent
Real Name
Scott
I think Ricci is an excellent choice for Trixie,she kind of resembles an anime character with those big eyes.Very Excited about this movie,hope it lives up to my expectations.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Paul W.S. Anderson's......well...anything after that wouldn't be unexpectedly stupid.

Brian D H

Second Unit

Nah, a little is OK. They just have to keep what people remember. It MUST have two points on the front end and it MUST be white with the red "M" on the hood. Everything else is negotiable.
______
EDIT:
Oh, yeah - I forgot. It also must be the only race car every made with a trunk big enough for a chimpanzee and a small child to hide in ;)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I like Ricci as Trixie and John Goodman as Pops, but Emile Hirsch as Speed kills any anticipation I might have had for the product.

Unless it includes the Car Acrobatics Team

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Hippie mechanic?! Have these people ever seen the show?

Sparky wears high heels for cryin' out loud. Nothing about his character suggests "hippie".

Speed has Jet Li level martial arts skills. As a live action character he should have credible physicality. That's hardly Hirsch. Of course if Matthew Fox is playing a super secret agent/world class car driver, credible hardly seems what the producers are going for.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
If we see the Car Acrobatic team then who will play Snake Oiler. Better yet, who will play Inspector Detector.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
:confused: Since when? The Speed I remember from the series was average in all things but his driving.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Numerous times, he would take out gangs of baddies with flying kicks and fisticuffs. He was also a pretty good investigator who generally did Inspector Detector's job for him.

I've got all the DVD's so I've seen every ep within the last 3 years. I'm not speaking from distant childhood memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks