What's new

MLB Hot Stove League 2006-2007 (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Tigers desperately need a real leadoff hitter, not KKKKKKurtis Granderson, and they need the big bat, lefty or not. Soriano comes to mind. Pitching will be fine if they remember how to field properly. Not only do they have the good pitching from this year, but they have the Miller kid that they drafted this year and already saw time in the bigs, but they have very highly rated Humberto Sanchez in triple A along with Fernando Tata that is a quality start waiting to play.

Minor League player of the year Cameron Mabin is probably close to ready to play as well. The future is bright for years to come. Go Tigers!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Everyone needs pitching.

I think that's going to be the fun thing to watch this off-season. Who's got pitching. Who's going to be willing to give it up (and for who)? And, which team(s) will be successful in getting pitching.

Let the deals begin!

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
According to ESPN Barry Bonds is filing for free agency. As much as I don't like the man, i'm sure teams will fall all over themselves to sign him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone think Barry Bonds ends up as the DH in the AL? I can't see his knees holding up if he has to play left field next year in pursuit of 755.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I think Bonds will eiher play for the Giants, A's or the Angels.

While he was still productive hitter, look at his OBP, I seriously doubt he'll get anywhere past 10 million base to play next year. This will be a real test of his desire to break the all-time record. Can he put his ego aside and make less in order to break the record?

I would say that an ideal contract would be around 8 million base with a boat load of incentives in which he could make several millions more.

Out of the three teams I mentioned above I think the Giants the most likely stop for his final year in baseball.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For Barry, I would think the only teams willing to put up with everything that goes along with Barry Bonds would be the Giants or small market teams. I wouldn't think the A's or Angels would want to touch him. They are both playoff-contention teams that wouldn't want the constant swirls of controversy that will surround his every move.

Baseball needs to toughen up its testing procedures fast. Include HGH! Then we'll watch guys start to shrink again.

Ditto!

I don't think Manny goes anywhere. He repeatedly said in '06 he was happy to be in Boston. They should keep him until the end of his contract, try to win more championships and then even try to re-sign him! :D

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Is there any medical test that can detect HGH?

One thing that was stunning to see during the WS was just how small Rodriguez has gotten.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Should be interesting to see how things work out. I would bet that Barry heads to the Angels over several other teams. I don't think the A's will pay him his money.

I can't rule out the Dodgers resigning him due to the Colletti/Giants hook but I don't see that happening.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin

He showed up like that the first year they were going to test for steroids. Just a coincidence of course. I think he said it was due to a new diet and/or workout regimen.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
A few things floating around.....

Red Sox are looking at Barajas to back up Varitek...

Cubs are trying to work out an extension for Aramis Ramirez...but they are not close and A Ram might become a FA.

A -Rod will be staying put unless the Yanks can somehow get the Cubs to trade Zambrano in return

Detroit is sad to be wanting to add some offense and may be willing to deal Bonderman to get some. Another few player on Detroit that could move is Inge and Granderson.

Red Sox may be looking at signing Lugo (Please DO NOT...resign A-Gon!!).

Angels desperately want a player to protect Guerrero in the lineup. They may be looing at trding for Manny, or signing Carlos Lee, or Soriano....even Bonds.

Maddux and Glavine might be heading back to Atlanta.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Maddux back to Atlanta would be a bit surprising only because he has stated a preference for pitching near his home(Las Vegas).

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
"WTF? The 2007 Braves: The Old Geezers Tour."

LOL!! Tell me about it. Supposedly they have talked about this (Glavine and Maddux) and would like to finish up their careers with Smoltz in Atlanta and give it one more shot. I thought it sounded a bit odd myself. There are a few obstacles in the way however....one being Scott Boras being Muddux's agent and the Braves do not like to spend money....not a good combo.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
No way Maddux or Glavine come back to Atlanta this year. The Braves' rotation is stacked/crowded enough with Smoltz, Hudson, James, Ramirez, and Davies. I can't see them throwing money at Maddux or Glavine for one year. Besides, with Pedro out for a while next season, I can't imagine the Mets allowing Glavine to get away.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
"No way Maddux or Glavine come back to Atlanta this year. The Braves' rotation is stacked/crowded enough with Smoltz, Hudson, James, Ramirez, and Davies."

I agree but it has been rumored so it is worth mentioning. They are both FA's next year. Supposedly a conversation took place between the 2 and they both said that they would love to end their careers together in Atlanta. I would be VERY shocked if it happened but crazier things have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks