What's new

mannix (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
A couple of early season 1 "Mannix" episodes (including the pilot episode) are, possibly, in the public domain and are available on "T.V's Lost Shows: Action." I believe that first season episodes have not have been seen in syndication for some time since they featured Joseph Campanella as Mannix's boss and Campanella was only in the series for the first year. The second year featured Mannix as his own boss with Gail Fisher as his secretary Peggy Fair. This revised version of "Mannix" is what many viewers remember best. But if you want to see a couple of less than stellar looking season 1 episodes, they're available:

http://www.meritline.com/dvd-movie-t...s-edition.html

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
The first (and best IMO) season of Mannix as well as the last season and a half have never been in domestic syndication. I know that the first season has aired in Canada. Surprisingly when TV Land ran the show in it's early years it ran the traditional syndication package as opposed to running some of the rarer episodes (as they did with My Three Sons). As for DVD, since the show was pretty much a bomb in syndication, I would sincerely doubt it. It's a good thing we had the opportunity to get them from the TV Land run.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
For some reason, only the pilot episode "My Name is Mannix" is the only one that I've been able to find and TV Land once ran that.

Joe Campanella as Joe Mannix's boss Lou Wickersham came back to guest star in the same role in 1 episode of the series a few years later in the early 1970s. In that story, a worried Lou hires Mannix to work on a case for him. Even though Mannix was on for 8 years, the show is kind of average. It's the theme song (two musical versions of that) that is what's most memorable about it and you gotta love it! :)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Really? You must not be the collecting maven you purport to be. We have gotten first season shows over the years from film, AFN and Canada. I can't believe you weren't in the loop on that. :rolleyes

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I never said I collected MANNIX or even wanted to. I caught it in local station reruns in the 1980s and on TV Land in the 90s. :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I hope this one gets released, at least the first couple of seasons. I'd guess that Michael's right about the odds being against seeing this one. Probably will be the way it turns out, but one thing I've seen in this crazy TV/DVD business is that there's no telling what might happen :) I'm looking for a trend that I've noticed the last couple of years regarding classic TV/DVD's. There seems to be an increase of the # of older-series releases during Jan-March. I hope that we'll see the same thing early next year.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
One of the all-time great TV series, and one I would gladly buy all 12 seasons of! :cool:

How many more years until we can again hear McGarrett say "Book 'em, Danno. Murder One!" ??

Jeff#

Screenwriter
My votes for the best versions of the Hawaii 5-0 theme music:

4th Season (1971-1972)

8th Season (1975-1976)

10th Season (1977-1978)

11th Season (1978-1979)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Nick, Done (e-mailed Kathy at Paramount). Thanks for the e-mail info. Whp knows, maybe they'll listen and release this one.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
That's no problem, can I ask which shows you enquired about? She told me that more seasons of Diagnosis Murder are scheduled this year but no dates

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Anyone for Mike Connors' first TV series Tightrope?

It was sort of an early prototype for the TV series WISEGUY. Tightrope had Connors playing undercover police officer Nick Stone. It has some style and decent jazz scores, but unfortunately it can't escape the cliches associated with that period (1959 to 1960).

www.guba.com/watch/2000907122

That one guest stars Mike Kellin as a gangster named Larry Melnick.
Whit Bissell is in it too.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Paramount has been very consistent with Mannix.

DVD NameEp #Release DateThe First Season24June 3, 2008The Second Season25January 6, 2009The Third Season25October 27, 2009
My guess it we should be hearing something in march for a June release. This show has good following like Hawaii Five-O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks