-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Master & Commander Sequel?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 David Grove

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted October 26 2006 - 05:00 PM

I enjoyed M&C and just assumed a sequel would be produced.

I wonder why it didn't happen. Anyone know?

Regards,

DG
"I think not," said Descartes, and disappeared.

#2 of 10 andy wells

andy wells

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted October 26 2006 - 10:27 PM

I think its because it didn't perform very well at the box office, which is a shame since it was an awesome film.

#3 of 10 Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets

Screenwriter

• 2,371 posts

Posted October 27 2006 - 12:15 AM

Yeah, it had a huge budget and didn't make a lot. I think they mis-sold it in the advertising. I knew a lot of people that went to see it expecting an exciting naval war film/swashbuckler with copious explosions and instead came out of the movie complaining about how it was too slow and dull.

#4 of 10 Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted October 27 2006 - 12:39 AM

After seeing the film, I read the first two books: Master and Commander and Post Captain. They were excellent...plenty of good material to work with. I hope they can find a way to make more films in this series.

#5 of 10 CoreyII

CoreyII

Second Unit

• 474 posts

Posted October 27 2006 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Atkins
After seeing the film, I read the first two books: Master and Commander and Post Captain. They were excellent...plenty of good material to work with. I hope they can find a way to make more films in this series.

I agree Chris, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World was the best Star Trek film I've seen since 1991's the Undiscovered Country. Posted Image

#6 of 10 Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 06:14 AM

I have to agree as well. I really dug Master and Commander so much I saw it in the theatre twice. The incredible attention to detail it felt very authentic to me in addition to being a great film. I also loved the great use of music...overall, I loved it and would definately like to see further adventures of Capt Aubrey and crew...
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#7 of 10 dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,128 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 06:26 AM

Count me in as another fan of this film. I'd love to see it released on HD-DVD, and would welcome more stories in the series being brought to the screen with the same care and production values.
Careful man! There's a beverage here!

#8 of 10 David Grove

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 09:03 AM

To me, it seemed like the ending was really the launch point for a sequel.

DG
"I think not," said Descartes, and disappeared.

#9 of 10 BrettGallman

BrettGallman

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pippel
Count me in as another fan of this film. I'd love to see it released on HD-DVD, and would welcome more stories in the series being brought to the screen with the same care and production values.

It'd be released on Blu-Ray because Fox has distribution rights, but it would look beautiful on either format.

I'd be up for a sequel, too. Most of the people I know felt it was too slow, and it was nothing like they expected. I liked it though.
Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#10 of 10 dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,128 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettGallman
It'd be released on Blu-Ray because Fox has distribution rights, but it would look beautiful on either format.
I'm betting that won't be an issue in the long term. Posted Image
Careful man! There's a beverage here!

Forum Nav Content I Follow