What's new

November 14th looks like a banner day for both BD and HD (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
November 14th looks like a banner day for both BD and HD with a ton of releases hitting the market. And it looks like you can find a release that will just about cover any taste.

BD Releases:

WOW!!!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
While some of those HD-DVDs I may rent, none are on my must buy list.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Actually it's been pretty expensive since September! With any new format, we're all so eager to get our little hands on new software whether we love the film or not!...

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Banner Day or Pay Day!!! :-0
So, your refuting the OP, any other evidence to the contrary of this being a "banner day" for HD discs?
Have you seen a "banner day" in the past for HD disc, or one coming in the future?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
for me at least...Nov. 28th is one for HD-DVD.

Superman: The Movie
Superman II: Donner Cut
Superman Returns
Smallville: Season 5

fairly BANNER to me. :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, the 14th appears to be the first time Blu-Ray will have more releases that interest me than HD-DVD. If I had a BD player, I'd probably buy Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down, Speed and The Transporter. Instead, I guess I'll just be picking up King Kong and The Eagles: Farewell Tour on HD-DVD.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Certainly Speed and Kingdom of Heaven are great Blu-Ray choices but alot of the other ones were already released on HD-DVD ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I will only buy Speed on Blu-ray from Fox or Disney due to their pricing structure. It's one of the few ways I can protest studios taking advantage of early adopters. Sooner or later, they will come to the table and have their pricing more in line with their competitors whether it's BR or HD software.

Crawdaddy

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
By "banner day" the OP was/is categorizing that date as great for the sale of HD discs & the purchase of HD discs.
You will be doing neither.
Did you think by posting; "none are on my must buy list", you were agreeing w/the OP?
Again, has there been a better day for HD disc for you, or is there one in the future?
Hope your enjoying HD discs!

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
It's been rumored that X3 will be coming out on BD that day too. I'll definately be buying Kong and Black Hawk Down. Maybe Kingdom of Heaven, too.

But yes, November 28th is the day for me, too.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'm getting Forbidden Planet & Casablanca on HD-DVD and Kingdom Of Heaven on BD for starters. Like Crawdaddy, Fox's $39.99 list is not sitting well with me. Besides, I have a slew of their stuff on D-Theater tape and there is no need to upgrade them. They were top dawgs with D-VHS as far as I'm concerned. So, I won't be tempted too often by Fox's wares. Just out of this first lot, I already have The Transporter & The League Of Extrodinary Gentlemen on tape. League....is definitely one of the better looking D-Theater tapes....

I may get Mutiny On The Bounty, Fantastic Four, and maybe Water World too....those are all maybe's.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yes, banner day for me will be the 31st, Excalibur! The best of any and all movies released to HD-DVD thus far.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
My persistent perpensity to percocsiously position my posterior on the fence post appears to be predestined to failure, leaving me prostrate and pounding the earth, permeating the sky with my petulent pleas for the perposterous pots of pennies I need to purchase these myriad of perfect moving pictures :)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

I feel your pain :laugh:

There are only a few HD-DVD's on that list that I have to have and a whole lotta Blu-ray titles with DTS-HD. :D I do see more and more good films coming to HD and that means one thing, a empty wallet. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks