What's new

What are the best internet Dvd Review sites? (1 Viewer)

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone.

I am interested in opinions on the the best DVD review sites?

My favorite right now is Digital Bits. But it frequently does not have reviews of the DVDs that I want.

Secondly, I remember some years ago, there was a web site that compiled all the DVD reviews into one site. It sort of acted like the Rottentomatoes.com site for movie reviews does. It placed on one site the links to different sites offering DVD reviews for the same movie. Is there still such a site? I think it was dvdfile.com or bigpicturedvd that used to do this.

Thank you.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I like DVD-Basen the best & also like DVD Verdict
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Ronn.W

Second Unit
I'm a big horror fan, so when I want to get reviews of the latest horror DVDs, I check out www.HorrorTalk.com They have a lot better coverage than most other 'mainstream' sites, and their forums have a lot of filmmakers and writers. It's less of a fanboy site, and more of a conniseur site, if that makes sense.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
In addition to those already mentioned, I enjoy www.dvdverdict.com. They have tons of reviews often with very detailed analysis of the fims themselves. However in many cases the technical quality and specs of the DVDs are not given as much attention. But I do like what they offer.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
can't really go wrong with the HTF. I fiind too many of the other sites are getting bogged down with blu-ray/hi-def mumbo jumbo. Here on the HTF it's easier to ignore the mumbo jumbo.

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
In the early (and I mean EARLY) days of DVD, DVD FILE was unbeatable, but sadly that's a thing of the past now.

Nowadays, I go to different websites for different flavors and purposes, and for that DVD Basen is the place to start, of course.

Some of the reviews here on this board are quite thorough, but others simply fall too short. The ones at DIGITAL BITS are usually short and to the point, but again, usually not very extensive, something of "entry-level", "user-friendly" reviews. If I had to pick one site, I guess I would go for DVD TALK, with a helping mix from DVD TIMES and DVD ACTIVE (UK-based sites both of them, oddly enough).

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK
For me, there is no one all emcompassing DVD review website. When I'm looking for a DVD review, I usually come here first because in addition to the original review, there are alot of informative comments from other members.

In addition, I usually look at the above mentioned sites as well to get a good overall view.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I agree. HTF is probably the best site out there, as far as the actual quality of a DVD goes. From the official reviews, to the member reviews, the discussions that go back and forth, you will learn more about a title's quality here than anywhere else. And, if you don't see a thread for it, start one up! I'm sure someone will tell you what they thought of it.

As far as the actual film quality goes, just pick your favorite critic, they probably have a website. There are countless ones out there. Even I have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks