What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I was just telling my wife the other day that the only thing that can save this so-so season is Jack Bauer.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I was dissappointed to find out that Eddie Izzard is no longer part of the cast. It would have been great to see him as the villian.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
OK, the trailer raised my expectations for the coming season quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see how this all gets resolved in 24 hours, but I guess that's no different than any other season.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Let the countdown to Season 6 begin!
Can't believe I got excited over a trailer for a TV series!

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I was ready to give up 24 before last season. The departure from real time (be anywhere on the west coast during a commercial break), the implausible technology (the magic pda), faulty logic by the criminal masterminds/good guys and other stretches of the imagination and plot inconsistencies really wore on me. But then, the 4 hour two-night premiere sucked me in. I was disappointed again as last season continued with all of the breaks from any form of reality. I'm not excited for this show anymore. I'm sure I'll watch because something just seems wrong about deleting it from my tivo season pass. But save for some moments that only work for Jack Bauer, I don't enjoy the show as much as when it started small with the kidnapping of Kim Bauer.

I don't guess they could ever go back. I also don't expect that they feel the need to go back as the ratings support the formula they are using now. I just hope they pay more attention this season to the details.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I think they're really going to pull out all the stops, as this seaon leads up to 24: The Jack Bauer Power Movie.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Actually next season will lead up to the movie. They may film it this summer, but it won't premiere until the following summer (Summer 2008), which will be following Season 7 of 24.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I don't care how implausible or unrealistic the show gets just like I didn't care how far-fetched Die Hard was the first time I saw it. 24 is still by far the most enjoyable hour on TV for me and I can't wait for season 6 to start. That trailer was AWESOME! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Real Name
Ryan Papineau
There is no show on tv I anticipate more than 24. TV at it's best for sure and I'm glad the show won some Emmy's too.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Is it true that in Season 6, Jack Bauer saves the entire solar system?

Wow! I gotta see that! :)

Yeah, I'm hooked. I'll be tuning in.

paul_v

Second Unit
Can't wait for more Jack!

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Jack Bauer 3. Cancer

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this season should be good as well. With all its faults and unrealistic moments, 24 remains one of the most entertaining TV shows in a long, long time.

January can't be here soon enough.

BTW, some of you guys may have probably read about this already but for those of you who haven't, the movie is supposed to be a prequel to season 1. If that turns out to be true, then it means we get to see beautiful, gorgeous Nina once again. :D

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator

Andre...don't play with my emotions, LOL. Did you seriously hear this information? Where?

Also, isn't there another trailer floating somewhere on the web that has different season six footage?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Not too big on the "prequel to S1" idea, as I prefer the broken, life-weary Bauer we have now the wholesome family man of S1 (not the mention the potential spring chicken of the rumored prequel).

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks