Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

samsung 4676s

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   greg baker

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted October 23 2006 - 02:36 PM

Just saw this at CC yesterday and thought it looked great. It was next to the 50. I thought that it was one of their plasma's. They were displaying the same image and I thought it look a good bit better. I walked up to it and notice it was much thinner than any DLP that I had seen. I loved the gloss black front. I can't find alot of info on these. I am looking for anyone that has this set. Just looking for your thoughts. Thanks,

Greg

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Scott_lb

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor

• 592 posts

Posted October 27 2006 - 09:26 PM

I'm thinking about picking one of these up as well (either this or a new Sharp 42" 1080p LCD). What is most attractive to me about the Samsung is the increase in size (46" vs. 42") and the $500 I'd save (sans any cost for replacement lamps/bulbs). I saw this set running a promo for the Lemony Snicket movie (in HD) and thought it looked great. I also like the glossy black and the fact that it's only 10" deep.
"My name is El Nino which in spanish means.... The Nino!" - Chris Farley

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ChadLB

ChadLB

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted October 29 2006 - 11:58 AM

I was debating between the Samsung 46" and the Sony 46" E2000 and I chose the Sony as I didn't like the Beady look I saw with the new Samsung - It had a stronger beaded look to it compared to the other DLPs around it. Plus the price was nice on the Sony as CC had 10% off of $199 and up last week. Therefore I chose the Sony.....just my opinion and my eyes observation.
I think the reason for the stronger bead look might be because the smaller size????