Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Blu-ray Reviews

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter

• 1,326 posts

Posted October 22 2006 - 05:24 AM

THX/ISF Professional Video Calibrator
HIGHEST FIDELITY CALIBRATIONS

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted October 22 2006 - 02:25 PM

Nice review! I never did get around to picking this up on DVD, but was often tempted by the previously viewed copies at Movie Gallery. I think once I was actually intending to get it, but it was a buy 2 get 2 free sale or something like that, and I couldn't find 4 movies I wanted! I wasn't completely in love with this movie in theaters, but I still remember thinking how great the sound was! And the visuals were dazzling. The film itself is fine fun and reminds me of the spirit of Lucas's original actioners (and there are several nods to his work in the film). After not seeing the film since theaters, I'm sure the Blu-Ray presentation will be jaw-dropping. By the time I go Blu-Ray I hope to be able to pick up this and Gone in 60 Seconds for bargain prices. I actually snatched up Terminator and T2 months ago when I saw them at prices I knew wouldnt' be beatefn for a while.
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,528 posts

Posted October 23 2006 - 01:44 AM

This was one of my favorite movies of 2004 and it looks like a nice upgrade from the SD-DVD release. Thanks for the review!
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave_P.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted October 23 2006 - 01:53 AM

This is another one where I haven't even cracked open the SD disc yet. I thought it looked kinda interesting from the previews, but not something I just HAD to see right away. Glad to hear it's a great disc. Definitely looks like a lot of nice eye candy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users