Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

O&A Fans question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted October 22 2006 - 01:32 AM

Ok, so I've heard several interviews these guys have done, most recently a Kevin Smith interview I got from his site. For you O&A fans, what movies do you find funny because I just don't get it. I didn't even get a smile on my face and Jim Norton is comic death. Maybe we just have totally different senses of humor.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,277 posts

Posted October 22 2006 - 10:05 AM

Tim,

I'm a huge O&A fan.

Before I consider offering an answer....

What don't you get? I'm not sure I understand your point.
Are you dismayed by the O&A/Kevin Smith interview or the
opinions that O&A fans have towards certain movies?

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Dicky C

Dicky C

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted October 24 2006 - 08:48 AM

It's not like they're trying to be funny all the time. They do good interviews in a relaxed atmosphere and some are funnier than others. If you're looking for the funnier stuff then the interviews are the wrong thing to listen to IMO. Listen to a full show for a week straight and I bet you change your mind.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,220 posts

Posted October 25 2006 - 01:48 AM

Monday's show (10/23/06) I thought was paticularly funny (and full, past shows aren't tremendously hard to find....just sayin')

Tobin Bell and Shawnee Smith ("Saw" Films) were guests and the others on the show sensed that Anthony was "smitten" with Shawnee. They spend the rest of the show ripping on him for that. They even got her to call back late in the show and pretend that she wanted Anthony. Many lauffs to be had.

Quote:
and Jim Norton is comic death

I guess I can see how Norton's humor might not be for everyone. He can have a sick sense of humor sometimes. But I think he's great on the show. You should have heard his hour long rant one day on Derek Jeter after he blew him off for a picture at an event they were at but had the time to take pictures with some of the women at the event. It was pretty hilarious
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!