What's new

The new Transformers: Anybody else catch this waste of air-time? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Well I was hoping that this show would be a promising return to the classic animated series. Having the show airing 6 days a week looked even more promising. However, when I caught the premier on Saturday, I was shocked to find it was nothing more than Pokemon meets Power Rangers. Anybody else catch this disappointing piece of programming?
So much for the pipe-dream.
wink.gif
I only hope that Rhino is doing a good job with the DVD box sets, but I wish that Canada's Teletoon or some other network would air the original episodes.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't know it aired already! Even though it may not have been good, I would've liked to have seen it.
~T

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
You can still check it out on Fox weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings. The first episode didn't really explain much... the Transformers are already on Earth in hiding, and have somehow managed to build this huge space-bridge underground without anybody noticing. The space bridge doesn't take them to Cybertron though, it just teleports them anywhere on Earth where Megatron is wrecking havoc.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Yes, the show sucked. It sucked bad. Man it sucked. I mean it. It was that bad.
mike.
------------------
Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yup, this sucks VERY VERY HARD
I hope someone grabs the rights to the Transformers: Headmasters and Victory OVAs, and release them properly subtitled, or at least dubbed by the original Transformers actors
Jeff Kleist

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Jeff,
Were those two Japanese Transformers shows on par with the earlier animation or did they differ in some way? Never seen 'em, 'cause hey! without the original voices, they ain't the same!
mike.
------------------
Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They were direct-to video, and had slightly different style, but the animation was in-between the show and the movie in terms of quality.
Jeff Kleist

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
I downloaded one of the Japanese Transformers episodes a while back. It had quite the 'Robotech' feel to it... similar sound effects and style of animation. Spike and Daniel were missing, not to mention that most of the Transformers themselves were new 4th and 5th generation characters. This didn't really feel like a true follow-up to Rebirth.
It would be nice to see some sort of reunion of the original voices for the Transformers, but certain actors (eg. the guy who played Starscream) are now deceased, and we would have to settle for a partial roster.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I finally got to see it today. Guess what? I turned it off after 5 minutes. It sucked harder than hard!
~T

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
They've made Optimus Prime into a FIRE TRUCK? No offense to firemen or anything, especially given the recent tragedy and how great firemen all over the US are, but Optimus Prime is a SEMI TRUCK. It's horrible that this is the only type of Transformers that is on the air today.
Of course, some would argue that sucky Transformers are better than no Transformers at all. Being a HUGE Transformers fan, I just don't know about that.
Ah, well.
------------------
Horror AND non-horror fans unite!
jasvparbanner2.jpg

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I caught the last two minutes of the episode and just from that I gathered this:
1. lame
2. anime? (note the ash from pokemon-esque kid)
3. for kids 8 and under?
4. pastels???
5. lame
This is coming from someone who owns:
1. the american dvd of the movie
2. the japanese dvd of the movie
3. the canadian dvd of the movie
4. spent the time to mix in the songs from the soundtrack to 2-disc score in sync with where they are at in the movie.
god I have way too much time on my hands.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Dan Paolozza

Stunt Coordinator
You guys aren't kidding. I caught it by accident this week. I stuck with the final 20 minutes, and...
...well, my comments would look as if I'd plagarized Jeff.
But it really did suck. Sucked hard. I just kept thinking, the whole time, "this sucks. This sucks bad. Really bad."
Sorry Jeff, please don't sue me.
Mike: Please don't sue me either. Looks like I double-plagarized on this one.
[Edited last by Dan Paolozza on September 22, 2001 at 03:22 PM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Let me put it this way, it's so bad we don't fear reprisal for using it in one of our Mystery Anime Theater productions. I'm not saying we're ever going to do it, but that's the main reason why we've never done DBZ or Sailor Moon, fear of the lynch mob that would follow
wink.gif

Jeff Kleist

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
God Transformers Armada is TERRIBLE.....I cannot stress this enough what a joke. The animation sucks,voices suck,poor Prime and Megatron have been turned into crap,the story completely redone with minicons,damn kids were horrible!

I tried to watch another episode to see if perhaps maybe it was just the firat show....lol nope it sucks bottom line COME on with Season 2 dvd box set.

(admin amended post)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I watched the 2 hour movie and i couldnt watch anymore.

He-man isnt as bad but i cant watch that either. They made prince adam a whiney little brat

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks