What's new

The Highlight of your life (so far) (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This is like that "What's your purpose in life" thread, but I have an agenda here ;)

I want to know what people consider the highlight of their lives so far and what new highlight they hope to accomplish in the future... I say 'highlight' because I want the responses to be open - I don't want to be specific and say "greatest accomplishment" or "happiest time" or "most excitement", "your purpose" or "your meaning", etc. - I'm looking for an overall highlight (how ever you define that).

Basically I have a concerning issue and I am curious to hear what everyone here says. Hopefully the responses will ease my concerns.

Thanks

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
The highlight of my life would be defined I guess by what gives me the most joy. Easily this is my family (wife and 3 sons.) Most every day it seems to get better and better - I have to attribute that to them.

Boring, maybe. But I'm happy ;)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Easy—and in ranked order:

1.The birth of my son
2.The day I got married
3.Getting my first job in my industry
4.Retiring
5.My son getting his MFA with no financial assistance from us at all

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only who felt like I could walk on water after the first time I got laid?!

--
H

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
H-, you stole my thunder; totally on my list

1. Witnessing the birth of my daughter
2. Falling in love for the first time(about 2 mos ago)
3. Losing my virginity
4. The Flaming Lips San Diego 2005
5. Watching Pink Floyd: The Wall twice in a row on two hits of Chill Pill

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Cool. Congrats Zen.

I'll be boring like the others. The birth of my son (now 6). That whole day was pretty amazing, but the moment I held him for the first time...Well, until then I was never great at handling other people's babies - I just didn't know how to hold them or what to do. But from the first second I held my guy, he just kinda "fit" right into my forearm. It just felt so natural holding him.

Damn kids - that's how they sucker you in. So, as much as I have other things I still want to do and see in my life - it's all about The Boy.

I don't suppose this is helping any though, is it Mark?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
My kids. I am divorced and dont see them as much as i want. I still love them, and they will always be my kids!

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Well, these "purposes" in our lives have developed. There's nothing to say that if we hadn't had kids that we wouldn't be equally fulfilled in some other way or have had other remarkable experiences - through helping others, seeking "knowledge" of some kind, watching every film ever made, etc.

If you're going for that last one, feel free to skip Showgirls...:D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

The first time I did 2 chicks at once. Thats going on my tombstone.

"Garrett Lundy
'Did 2 chicks at once.
Rock on.'
1979-20XX."

Sure some guys gonna do like 5 or 6, but my tombstone will still be cooler than most tombstones.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Kinda hard to top 2 chicks at once! I would be happy with just one decent one!

Anyway, Lots of things come to mind, but I think working as a principal actor along side John Rys Davies was pretty damn cool. Also working with Vinnie Jones and Casper Van Dien was just great. Gave me a small taste of what I hope to keep doing more and more of.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
  • Getting married
  • Both kids
  • Living in the streets in Washington DC for a week, just to see the free 4th of July concert on the mall area. ATM ate my card so I had $5.00 all week.
  • 5 weeks working in Holland. Got to see real life, not just tourist stuff.
  • Being treated to a 6 hour dinner in a castle in Holland. Very nice place. No electric lights, only real candle chandeliers.
  • 4 weeks in Japan.
  • Getting a job after being out of work for 9 months. Came close to loosing everything. Now for some reason, I am more content with work.
  • Currently I am building my next house that we designed.
  • I also saw Pink Floyd. They opened with Echos

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Telling these two people, one who was a pre-op transexual and one who was post-op there was this guy Garrett who thought they were pretty hot babes. :D

*Chu ducks*

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Why?

Like most who have children, their births are one of the highlights of my life. Why is this bad?

I'll also say the last time I walked across the brow on the submarine was a highlight of my life, too. I've no regrets serving, but leaving... ah, yes.:)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that as you get older you fall into certain patterns...everyone around me is falling into the same pattern and I am starting to seriously question it myself. I have observed some really scary things about these people and it freaks me out how it is all interpreted.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
See, though, from the "married with kids" POV, some of our still-single-in-their-late-30s friends look hopelessly self-absorbed, which to me is "really scary," also. I also have some married friends that absolutely cannot see what little self-centered demon-spawn they are raising, either. So, I guess it cuts both ways.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
man, garrett. that's awesome. it's always been a dream of mine to disappoint two women at the same time.

Bepaof8

Agent
Real Name
Pete
For a long time, it would have been the birth of my first child. But now, after living 60 years of life, it has to be my grandchildren!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks