What's new

Official: First 500,000 PS3s to have Talledaga Nights on BD bundled ! (1 Viewer)

Phil Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil Garcia
Tretton then spoke about the importance of Blu-ray. Effective Nov. 17 the first 500,000 units of PS3 will ship with Talladega Nights on Blu-ray before it is available to the public on December 12. We were then shown an extended trailer for the movie.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/740/740455p1.html

Ill own one of those 500,000, and Im very happy right now.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

MarekM

Supporting Actor

so we have now first BEST SELLING TITLE ;) half millions BD50 discs

hmm seems like good proof that BD50 is no longer a problem right ?

Marek

James St

Supporting Actor
I'll own one as well. Just make sure you have a set PS2 component cables or an HDMI cable as the PS3 pack-ins will be composite video only.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Has that been confirmed yet for the US PS3? All I kept reading was that it was only for the Japan release. If it is true, then it is probably best to find a PS2 one now since they will probably be cheaper than the PS3 ones.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Also note....

The PS3's will not upconvert SD DVD....

which kinda sucks..... I mean..... The current crop of BD and HD players do an excellent job on upconversion.

Dugger

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Talladega Nights?

First the high price, now this.

Sony needs to stop giving me reasons NOT to buy a PS3.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a big WF fan but it seems like a perfect fit for this. I'm pretty sure it made >100M.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Depends on the release schedule for the XBox add-on. Both systems should have no problem selling out 500,000 units this year.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator

Since when does a give-away quality as "selling"?

Too bad BD can't give away a few of their other releases, since nobody in their right mind would buy one! :D

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Let's see: Talledaga Nights for the PS3 vs King Kong for the 360 HD-DVD, which is the better pack in disc? ;)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Talledega Nights probably did better at the box office. King Kong was only a moderate hit. Now, if the King Kong HD-DVD had been the much rumored director's cut.

Dan

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Not that BO indicates anything, but Kong outgrossed TD by $70M domestically. I'll assume it did the same internationally. I appreciate both pack-ins. Whatever happened to including a good game :)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Good point, Chuck. Neither King Kong or Talladega Nights do anything for me. Seems kind of funny they're focusing more on getting people to pick a video format than enjoying the game system.

Know what they should have done? Star Wars Saga on Blu-ray! Only available bundled with PS3!:laugh:

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I'm sure Lucas would've been all for giving away his multi-billion dollar grossing saga on Blu-ray :)

Vincent

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

From the MS side it make a great deal of sense. As the HD add-on is for movie viewing only, not gamming, and MS just signed an exclusive deal with Peter Jackson to produce games for the 360, it seems to be a win-win tie-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks