Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Any news about All in the Family-Season 6?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Phyll

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted October 19 2006 - 09:31 AM

Has Sony given up on this show? In January it will be a year-does anyone think that maybe January could see a release date or does anyone care anymore? I am so bummed. Could Sony be any slower? They release the sets bare bones anyway so why the long wait?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted October 19 2006 - 11:59 AM

It's really hard to tell whether AITF has been abandoned by Sony or not. The previous five releases have been at very lengthy and irregular intervals to say the least. It is quite possible that Sony has left us high and dry, or that further releases are just a very low priority for them, given that they have never put much effort into the prior releases of the show anyway, indicating that they don't see it as much of moneymaker. Personally, I hope they finish releasing it - heck, at least through season 8 anyway, which is where I planned on stopping collecting it. Still, at the rate of one season per year, that's three more years to finish it, which is testing the patience of even the loyalest fans of the show. I don't wonder if sales have dropped off just based on people getting frustrated by the lengthy intervals between releases.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted October 19 2006 - 05:17 PM

I suspect we'll see more releases eventually. Sony seems to be alright with continuing shows once they get past a certain mark.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jay_B!

• 1,746 posts

Posted October 19 2006 - 05:54 PM

well, Sony works with one season a year, we'll likely see season 6 in 2007, just depends when.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users