What's new

New MRS. DOUBTFIRE edition (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit
Hey, thanks for posting about this! I've been wanting to get this movie on DVD for awhile now, but it had seemed to go OOP...and it was apparently re-released to DVD on Tuesday. I have no idea if it is anamorphic, but there seems to be separate WS and FS versions available...or at least that's what a few sites said after a google search. (although, Amazon only has one version available right now...and I don't think DDD has it listed at all...) I suppose these could just be the same versions that were previously available, (only with "Holiday Themed O-Ring" packaging) which, would be fine with me, as I was looking forward to seeing all those special features that were supposedly on that older version.

I will have to e-mail Fox about this...

If anyone has any info about this release, please share...

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't even seen this for sale anywhere in Canada.

Someone got it yet? anamorphic or no?

David

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

It's definitely here in Canada. I saw it at Cinema 1 last week. I have no idea if it's just a repackage of the original though. I was in too much of a rush to read the back of the case. But yeah, it is here.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Saw this in Fry's last night.

While the slipcase says Anamorphic, the actual cover art is identical to the old release, no mention of anamorphic, and copyright 1999.

I didn't feel like taking a $15 chance so I passed.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
So, nothing new to this release other than it being widescreen then? I've held off hoping for a better release. Maybe this is all we're gonna get? I dunno if I should snag it or not.

And why is the new box art all Christmased up? I don't rem this being a Xmas movie.....

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Surely someone must have taken a chance on this, or a reviewer got one and can tell us anamorphic, yes or no.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i think the old one was widescreen.

the cover seems to suggest, good christmas present.

the ones ive seen on the shelf look exaclty the same as the first release.
also not seeing it with the new slip cover.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
None of the .com sites have any information on if its anamorphic. They simply state "Widescreen." Oh joyus indeed.

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
It is now confirmed that this Christmas 2006 release is NOT anamorphic.

A friend got it as a gift, and I ran it last night.

1) Definitely NOT anamorphic... it shows up on screen exactly the same way as every other non-anamorphic DVD I've watched. Picture loss on all sides on Oppo 971 set to wide/sqz
2) Only the slip cover is different... the slipcover says anamorphic 2.35:1. But the case underneath is EXACTLY the same as the old one, and so is the DVD. The specs of the case underneath still say 2.35:1 letterboxed :frowning: And so it is...

At least in Canada, that's the way it is.

Bummer.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Finally, the real deal is coming in May!

From dvdtimes.co.uk:

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Mrs. Doubtfire (Special Edition) for 8th May 2007 priced at $19.98 SRP. Daniel Hillard (Robin Williams) is no ordinary father, so when he learns his ex-wife (Sally Field) needs a housekeeper, he applies for the job. With the perfect wig, a little makeup and a dress for all occasions, he becomes Mrs. Doubtfire, a devoted British nanny who is hired on the spot. Free to be the "woman" he never knew he could be, the disguised Daniel creates a whole new life with his entire family.

This new 2-Disc Special Edition features new interviews with star Robin Williams and director Chris Columbus and over 2 hours of bonus features…

Disc 1: Main Feature

* 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
* English DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround
* French & Spanish Dolby Surround
* Spanish subtitles
* Commentary by Robin Williams & Marsha Garces Williams
* Commentary by Director Chris Columbus (from 1st release)
* Over 30-mins of Deleted/Extended Scenes

Disc 2: Extra Features

Production Studio
- From Man to Mrs: The Evolution of Mrs. Doubtfire
- Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery
- Gag/Blooper Reel

Animation Studio
- A Conversation with legendary animator Chuck Jones
- Original Pencil Test
- Final Animation Sequence
- Final Animation Sequence with Alternate Backgrounds

Makeup Department
- Makeup application with Ve Neill
- Makeup Photo Gallery
- 5 Makeup Tests

Stage A (Improv)

- The Improvisation of Mrs. Doubtfire

Publicity
- Original Featurette (1993)
- Meet Mrs. Doubtfire (Robin Williams/Mrs. Doubtfire Interview)
- Theatrical Trailers
- 4 TV Spots
- Theatrical Posters
- Photo Gallery

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to this, it's one of my favorite movies. Most of those extras were on the laserdisc version and I'm glad they're making their way onto DVD.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator

No kidding. The current DVD has very lackluster video quality, so I'll be glad to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks