Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

With O WHAT A LOVELY WAR coming, are catalog titles paramount?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted October 16 2006 - 11:59 AM

Very exciting that Richard Attenborough's never released to video OH WHAT A LOVELY WAR is receiving a dvd release from Paramount in November. Can AMERICAN HOT WAX, FRATERNITY ROW , THIEVES and SHEILA LEVINE IS DEAD AND LIVING IN NEW YORK far from their release schedule? All have never seen the light of day on vhs, along with FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET. Any other Paramount orphans?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted October 16 2006 - 04:10 PM

Did SERIAL ever get a VHS release? I've been waiting for that on DVD. And I may be the only person on the planet who wants WON TON TON: THE DOG WHO SAVED HOLLYWOOD. I don't think Sidney Furie's HIT! ever got a VHS release either. Don't hold your breath for the NIGGER CHARLEY films on any format.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   walter o

walter o

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted October 16 2006 - 05:42 PM

HIT! and SERIAL both was out on Paramount video. WON TON TON never was though.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Alan-A

Alan-A

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted October 17 2006 - 03:27 AM

No you're not the only person on the planet who wants WON TON TON -- it's worth it even if it's only for the veteran star cameos - but it's always been a great guilty pleasure of mine. Tremendously silly and fun. And any scrap of film featuring Madeline Kahn deserves to be seen!!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted October 17 2006 - 04:29 AM

Paramount did release HIT! on video in the 90s as well as the underrated RIOT with Gene Hackman

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   JerryKILL

JerryKILL

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted October 17 2006 - 05:11 AM

Phase IV (1974) is a neglected Saul Bass sci-fi flick which has been my most wanted title from Paramount for some time.
"It is the unique power of cinema to allow a great many people to dream the same dream together and to present illusion to us as if it were strict reality. It is, in short, an admirable vehicle for poetry."

-Jean Cocteau, The Testament of Orpheus

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted October 17 2006 - 09:56 AM

Shoot yeah! Right near the top of my list, too.

I never thought we'd get Let's Scare Jessica to Death so maybe there is some hope for Phase IV.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Bob Graham

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor

• 507 posts

Posted October 18 2006 - 03:47 PM

AMERICAN HOT WAX was released on VHS on the Fotomat label (before Paramount had it's own video label it used to license its films out to Fotomat). It was also available on CED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users