What's new

Quick question. Help me identify what adapter I need. (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, so I purchased this receiver type box off ebay and it is missing an antenna to coaxial adapter of some kind, because I know the cable connection is supposed to go here. Can anybody tell me what type of adapter I need?

Thanks a ton
Eric

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
It appears that it used to be the Push-on 75 ohm coax connection and it's Broken.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
That connection appears to be for an F-Type FM Radio antenna.

Your coax cable connection should go straight to your Television or Cable Box, not through your receiver.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
He's trying to hook up the Receivers FM Antenna connection or isn't this a receiver? Whatever it is is broken... to the best of my viewing knowledge it was a F Connector. Same as your Coax. A lot of older F-type connectors on older receivers had a Very Course Thread. Not the fine thread that's on todays F-connectors. The other half of the connector was probably ripped off when the last person disconnected it or it was a push on and it came apart.. either way....

if that is the case then....
yes it's broken-broken

For the heck of it what is the make model and component type this is a picture of?

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I want to make a guess on what it is before he posts what it really is. I think it is a late 80's-early 90's Philips or Magnavox. If I am right then I will explain how I came to my conclusion. If I am wrong, I will just cower in shame.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

I was hoping to see a reply by now... I'm guessing you're right on with that one!:)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Haha you guys are both wrong. It's a Phillips FTR-9964. It's not that old. I'm positive that is supposed to go to television too, and I do not think it is broken broken, but maybe so.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Here's the rest of the back ( of a non-broken one):)

The input was a 75ohm F-Pin

Here's the PDF link to the TV and the Receiver
http://www.egadscomputer.com/32fd9954.pdf

Unit was sold with the 32FD9954 TV (part of the PDF Above)

and it's Broken Broken... not that it couldn't be fixed... try a local TV repair shop. Not a big box retailer but a small TV Repair shop.

Interesting Piece... VGA output only from what I was reading?

Last edited by a moderator:

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Man, why do I post on such pessimistic forums???

I went to radioshack, bought a europe to us antenna adapter, and I'm watching tv on my projector now.

Just thought I'd let you all know
Eric

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Sorry for trying to help.:angry: Who knew you were buying foreign equipment with connectors that is not reconizable by most people in the US.

Guess Radio shacks Slogan is correct "You've got the Questions, We have the answers". Glad they got you up and running.

Better than this "Pessimistic" as you call it forum.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Eric-
Not a great idea to knock people who are trying to help, especially considering the lack of info you gave. If you look at the pic of the US one of the model number you provided it plainly shows a standard F connector. Your original picture looks just like the back of an old VCR of mine with the screw portion of the F connector ripped out.

How about a thanks for all your help I went to Radio Shack and found out it was a European jack and they had an adapter...

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Haha, I was joking (guess you can't get that from the text). I love this forums!!

Thanks for the help
Eric

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I Think I'm going to up my dose....
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads