Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

quick Alias S5 question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   stewart borland

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted October 13 2006 - 10:17 AM

Without giving anything away... I just need to know... does it have a cliffhanger ending (because they didn't know it was going to be cancelled) or is it a 'good one' that ends things well?

I'll probably order anyway but sets like Tru Calling bug me Posted Image

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert James Clark

Robert James Clark

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted October 13 2006 - 10:38 AM

It has an ending. May not be the most satisfying ending that I would have hoped if JJ had still been actively involved with the show, but it really does end...

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Josh_HI

Josh_HI

Second Unit

• 303 posts

Posted October 13 2006 - 02:42 PM

yup it has an ending.....a pretty crappy one IMO...but it ends... I really hated the last episode...

#4 of 6 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,224 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 13 2006 - 02:47 PM

Stewart, they knew that the show was ending well in advance so they were able to plan for a finale. I thought the ending was pretty good. Every character had a nice finish.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,845 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted October 13 2006 - 03:27 PM

That's true, but IIRC, ABC pulled a fast one at the last minute and trimmed the planned shooting schedule by three episodes. This meant that the writers had to rework many already introduced story elements so that they would still make sense to viewers within the confines of this newly abbreviated shooting schedule. In other words, ABC gave them less time to tell the story... while they were in the throws of telling it! The ending we got is okay, but certainly not the "grand finale" that ABC promised to Alias fans. Don't forget, the network unceremoniously canceled the series while it was on a relatively unplanned hiatus (to accommodate Jennifer Garner's pregnancy.) To soften the blow at the time of the announcement, the network promised that the full 22 episode season would air as planned. But, in the end, we only got 18 episodes, and 4 of those were piggy-backed into 2 two-parters when ABC aired them.
Gary

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   stewart borland

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted October 14 2006 - 08:25 AM

OK, thanks for that, I guess by the majority vote 'it's OK!'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users