What's new

Is this a good DVD rewinder? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had one which worked great for awhile...but after a few months it really bogged down and was especially slow in rewinding dual-layer discs.

But :emoji_thumbsup: to the company for being responsive to a disappointed customer and replacing the unit!

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Cool - I've been rewinding them by hand all this time. It's no joke when you have to rewind all three LOTR DVDs!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Mark -

A Gag gift. Yes. That is, not to be taken seriously. There should be a penalty for misuse of the rolleyes thingy.....:rolleyes

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I must have a really special DVD player because I just realized that whenever I pop in a disc, it is automatically rewound to the beginning!

It doesn't matter if I was watching that disc last month and stopped halfway through the film, it is magically rewound to the beginning when I put it in my player!

I'd tell you all the model, but I don't want to create a demand for such an excellent item. Plus, I want to stock up on my player in case it ever dies, because such an excellent feature is most likely missing from other players...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I know! I'm just playing along. Get it? Calling the news people 'clueless' because they think it's a gag-gift... :D

In fact, I think I may have posted a thread about the very same product (a ways back)...perhaps it wasn't this board or maybe I posted the link in a similar thread, but I remember seeing this thing quite a ways back.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
The thing with most DVD rewinders is that you need to make sure you put the DVD in right side up, otherwise the disc will be fast forwarded to the end.

It's kind of embarrassing when you have company over, pop in a DVD, and BAM! you're at the end of the disc.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I like DVD rewinders for the time they save, but I've had some problems with mine scratching some of my DVD's. I just bought a new one and spent a bit more hoping that a higher quality rewinder will not damage my disks. I think though the money they save in wear and tear rewinding disks in your player is worth it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Bob, here's a neat trick - if you buy 2 rewinders, take one of the rewinders and reverse the motor, then put that one upside down (over the 1st)...this way you can rewind both sides of a double sided DVD at the same time :emoji_thumbsup: saving time and wear and tear on the disc.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
That's a good idea Mark. I have a single disk rewinder. I'm looking now at a 200 DVD rewinder on sale for $199. I'm ready to hit buy now. $199 seems almost unbelieveable to have such high rewind capacity. I'd almost bet I'd be the only one in my neighborhood with one. This is great. I can't wait to get it and show it off.

Calculations for DVD Rewinder
1 disk unit = $20.00
200 disk x $20.00 = $4,000.00
My price is $199. or savings of $3801.
That seems too good, maybe it's a mistake.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised the DVD Rewinder developers haven't yet made one that looks like a Cadillac.

Based on the shape of this unit, maybe they could look more like the flying saucers from Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Who hasn't suffered this embarassment? Frankly, there's no way to avoid it when you're talking about flippers. One side gets re-wound...the other gets fast-forwarded to the end. It's madness. There's GOT to be an answer.

I don't see how Mark's example would work.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I would not buy that model. I bought it and the disc isn't secured very well to the unit during rewinding. More than once I've had DVDs fly off during high-speed rewinding and ended up with bits of data scattered all over the living room. The bits get down into the carpet fiber and are really hard to sweep up. I've had to throw away about 4 or 5 discs because of this-- and ruined two vacuums! Buyer beware!

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I don't know. I'm a pretty saavy consumer and have heard that those Dysons don't really do what they say they do...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

James Dyson guarantees that his vac's "Dual Cyclone" technology is the best at picking up bits of electronic data from carpet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks