Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New HD DVD titles not coming to Canada?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   David Ely

David Ely

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 07:02 AM

I went out to pickup Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Corpse Bride and Robin Hood today. Not a single store had them. Not only did they not have them, but they had no indication they were coming in the near future. Anyone have any information about this?
Visit my website
Golden's Domain

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   abeirnes

abeirnes

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 08:08 AM

David, I just picked up Batman Begins at Wal-Mart here in Winnipeg. They only had 2 copies. I'm not sure if I can post the price, but it was very reasonable. I picked it up at lunch, then did some window shopping at Best Buy and Future Shop. Neither one had Batman Begins, nor do their websites. Amazon.ca doesn't have it either. I only found out last week that Walmart was stocking HD-DVD from reading digitalhomecanada.ca. All their prices were quite low. Hope this helps. Aaron

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 09:05 AM

Here in Toronto, I have seen probably only 2 places that seem to have a stock of hd-dvd and blu-ray... one is Walmart across from Sherway Gardens and the other is HMV's flagship store at Yonge & Dundas. Best Buy and Future Shop are very slow to stock the latest in these formats which is a surprise and a shame.
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   David Ely

David Ely

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 06:25 PM

I'll try Walmart later this week. I went to HMV (I work downtown) and they were even further behind with their stock. I went to Sam's and was told they had the titles listed in their system for Oct 17th. While I'd really like to have them for the weekend, I'd still be happy if they show up next week.
Visit my website
Golden's Domain

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jon_W

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator

• 241 posts

Posted October 11 2006 - 10:50 AM

Have you guys tried Amazon.com? I use it for most of my HD purchases. It is way cheaper and they are more consistent then B&M stores here. Land of the Dead cost me $29 total at Amazon versus $45 at HMV. You have to pay shipping but they is offset by the 10% off promo and there are not duties or brokerage fees because Canada Post is used. It is win win. Although I did buy Batman at Walmart cause I found it a week early, lol.
"You Ain't Been Doin' Nothin' If You Ain't Been Called A Red" - Eliot Kenin, 1983

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users