Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Xbox 360, Halo2 not displaying in widescreen

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   TeamMCA

• 2 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 04:41 AM

I recently picked up a 360 and hooked it up to my new Sony KDS-60A2000 and when I've played Halo 2 it is not displaying in widescreen. When I adjust the set to Full view (vs. Normal), the image is stretched (I can tell easily because the radar is oval, not round). I have it connected by component to Input 4, which is designated as an HD input. On the Xbox cable, I have it switched to HD and in the Xbox settings, I have it output in 720p. What am I missing? Do I have to set it to 1080i to get widescreen? Any thoughts would help. (keep in mind that these components are new, so I could be missing something obvious).

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Ed B

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted October 11 2006 - 07:27 AM

Is that the only game your having problems with? Do have all the patches for that one?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   TeamMCA

• 2 posts

Posted October 11 2006 - 11:25 AM

So far that's the only compatible one that I've had a chance to try. I'll check the patches...

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Halen

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted November 20 2006 - 02:54 AM

On your tv the setting are exclusive to every input. So on your TV, while on input 4, set it to widescreen. Also, set your Xbox 360 to 1080i (i have the exact same set up and to me this looks better, but it's personal preference). Hope that helps. OH...also, you have to set the Xbox to display in widescreen too, even if you have it set for HD output!! I forgot about that.
Never go on a blind date with someone you know!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users