What's new

Xbox 360, Halo2 not displaying in widescreen (2 Viewers)

TeamMCA

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I recently picked up a 360 and hooked it up to my new Sony KDS-60A2000 and when I've played Halo 2 it is not displaying in widescreen. When I adjust the set to Full view (vs. Normal), the image is stretched (I can tell easily because the radar is oval, not round). I have it connected by component to Input 4, which is designated as an HD input. On the Xbox cable, I have it switched to HD and in the Xbox settings, I have it output in 720p. What am I missing? Do I have to set it to 1080i to get widescreen? Any thoughts would help. (keep in mind that these components are new, so I could be missing something obvious).

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
Is that the only game your having problems with?

Do have all the patches for that one?

TeamMCA

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
So far that's the only compatible one that I've had a chance to try. I'll check the patches...

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
On your tv the setting are exclusive to every input. So on your TV, while on input 4, set it to widescreen. Also, set your Xbox 360 to 1080i (i have the exact same set up and to me this looks better, but it's personal preference). Hope that helps.

OH...also, you have to set the Xbox to display in widescreen too, even if you have it set for HD output!! I forgot about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks