Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

finaly a review of BD50 - Click :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted October 09 2006 - 08:47 PM

http://bluray.highde....com/click.html

"Overall, I was very happy with this transfer. I saw 'Click' in the theater showing a standard film print -- if it was exhibited digitally anywhere, unfortunately I missed it -- and I remember it boasted quite vivid colors and a very bright, sharp and clean image. However, the film's overall visual aesthetic was also rather clinical and TV movie-esque, so it has a somewhat flat look at times. This 1.85:1, 1080p/MPEG-2 transfer delivers a similar presentation. As there is no "print" to speak of, the source master is predictably pristine. Blacks are absolutely rock solid, and contrast nice and smooth across the entire grayscale. Whites are not overpumped, and unlike some cheaper video formats (such as MiniDV and the like) the darker scenes generally don't lose detail in the shadows. "

"I've been quite impressed with the PCM soundtracks on most of the studio's discs, and this new one on 'Click' is no exception.
"

"But there is no doubt about this Blu-ray release -- the format's first BD-50 dual-layer disc packs a fine punch. The transfer is very strong as is the soundtrack, and there is a ton of extras presented in full high-definition video. If this is an indication of what the Blu-ray format can consistently and routinely deliver, the format war is just getting started. "

#2 of 6 Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 12:59 AM

I'm going to pick this up, but I'm just confused. Not a month ago making BD50 discs was supposedly a problem and then *POOF* it arrives, AND works on current players. If they knew this was going to work, why all the secrecy around it?

#3 of 6 MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_G
I'm going to pick this up, but I'm just confused. Not a month ago making BD50 discs was supposedly a problem and then *POOF* it arrives, AND works on current players. If they knew this was going to work, why all the secrecy around it?

well maybe they were not that sure if they are able to produce enough BD50 media.........

but if before the end of year there will be at around 10 BD-50 movies, I think they have production under control........

Marek

#4 of 6 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,546 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 01:57 AM

The big question is: how do they use the BD50 space? Isn't this MPEG2 again?
And what soundtracks does it have besides PCM?

Cees

#5 of 6 MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees Alons
And what soundtracks does it have besides PCM?

Cees

yes it's MPEG2...

Audio Formats
English PCM 5.1 Surround
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround

#6 of 6 Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees Alons
Yes, it's MPEG-2 and PCM, but all of the supplemental features are in HD, a first for either format.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

Forum Nav Content I Follow