What's new

What is this a parody of? (RE: The Simpsons) (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Okay ... this is going to keep me up all night.
Right now they are replaying a Halloween Simpsons episode on a local station. One of the stories in the episode has Homer creating a time mashine out of a toaster. The part I'm wondering about is when he travels to a time where Ned rules the world. What is this a parody of? I know that I've seen it before, but I just can't place it.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Well, according to SNPP--aka THE site for Simpsons fans--it's a cross between 1984 and Back to the Future II (dunno about the latter though). Here's the link (where you'll find all sorts of references):
http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F03.html
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on August 26, 2001 at 08:46 PM]

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Interesting...
That episode always reminds me of a Bradbury short story called "A Sound of Thunder"...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
That episode always reminds me of a Bradbury short story called "A Sound of Thunder"...
You're correct, Joel; the basic plot of that whole episode is based on Bradbury's story.
But David was referring to one specific part concerning lobotomies and somebody ruling the world...I don't think that happened in Bradbury's tale. :)
Besides, isn't the story called "A Roar of Thunder?"
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks