Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I'm Growing Plants Indoors: Need Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 09:29 AM

I recently got a house plant as a birthday present, and I want to do my best to take care of it. Unfortunately because it is getting cold outside, I have moved all my plants inside.

I am growing two different plants. I have a Dendrobium orchid and a plant called Pothos? Anywho, I would appreciate any planting help, particularly lighting concerns. My bedroom window faces the sunrise, but my plants are on a kitchen counter right now, and I'm using a lamp as sunlight.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 11:39 AM

An east facing window is good for plants that need partial sun. A south facing window is best for plants that require full sun. Pay close attention to the needs of the plant listed on the planting stake.

Quote:
I have a Dendrobium orchid and a plant called Pothos?

I've never taken on the challenge of an orchid, but they are very demanding. Good luck! Posted Image

Info about Pothos

My windowsill garden consists of an Inca Gold Marigold, a miniature carnation, Engliah Ivy, Poinsettia and on the floor in front of the window I have my baby, a Madagascar Dragon Tree (dracaena marginata), that I grew from a sapling to its current height of just under 4 feet. It keeps the air in my home office/library always smelling fresh.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Julian Reville

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

• 1,197 posts

Posted October 09 2006 - 12:28 AM

Don't know, but just had to add that my former brother-in-law liked to grow plants indoors, on a large scale. He's now doing 5 to 10.

Please be careful. Posted Image

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   David McGough

David McGough

Second Unit

• 278 posts

Posted October 09 2006 - 05:59 PM

Here is a link how to grow some plants.
stroll down to the pics
http://www.randomcra....-in-tennessee/
Tennessee
>

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted October 11 2006 - 02:35 PM

The gift I got I am going to replant in a new pot. I've heard that over watering is one of the mistakes somebody can make. But can you under water plants?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   dave_brogli

dave_brogli

Screenwriter

• 1,022 posts

Posted October 13 2006 - 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Reville
Don't know, but just had to add that my former brother-in-law liked to grow plants indoors, on a large scale. He's now doing 5 to 10.

Please be careful. Posted Image

exactly what I thought. some peoples minds.
oh and that Madagascar Dragon Tree, i want one SO SO bad.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted October 14 2006 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McGough
Here is a link how to grow some plants.
stroll down to the pics
http://www.randomcra....-in-tennessee/
Hah, after reading the thread title I KNEW there was going to be a weed grow-op joke in here.

Forum Nav Content I Follow