What's new

I'm Growing Plants Indoors: Need Help (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I recently got a house plant as a birthday present, and I want to do my best to take care of it. Unfortunately because it is getting cold outside, I have moved all my plants inside.

I am growing two different plants. I have a Dendrobium orchid and a plant called Pothos? Anywho, I would appreciate any planting help, particularly lighting concerns. My bedroom window faces the sunrise, but my plants are on a kitchen counter right now, and I'm using a lamp as sunlight.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
An east facing window is good for plants that need partial sun. A south facing window is best for plants that require full sun. Pay close attention to the needs of the plant listed on the planting stake.

I've never taken on the challenge of an orchid, but they are very demanding. Good luck! :emoji_thumbsup:

Info about Pothos

My windowsill garden consists of an Inca Gold Marigold, a miniature carnation, Engliah Ivy, Poinsettia and on the floor in front of the window I have my baby, a Madagascar Dragon Tree (dracaena marginata), that I grew from a sapling to its current height of just under 4 feet. It keeps the air in my home office/library always smelling fresh.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Don't know, but just had to add that my former brother-in-law liked to grow plants indoors, on a large scale. He's now doing 5 to 10.

Please be careful. :)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
The gift I got I am going to replant in a new pot. I've heard that over watering is one of the mistakes somebody can make. But can you under water plants?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter

exactly what I thought. some peoples minds.
oh and that Madagascar Dragon Tree, i want one SO SO bad.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hah, after reading the thread title I KNEW there was going to be a weed grow-op joke in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks