Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Portable radio W/Speaker?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Harley

Harley

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted October 06 2006 - 03:14 AM

I guess I'll post this in both forums...

I travel just about every day and I'm fed up with always having to try and find music I like...Switching FM stations because of limited reception.

I don't travel by car so I need a portable (With Speaker or speakers) so I don't have to use headphones.

Which one of the two competitors offer the best portable reception, I would be able to use an external antenna with a magnate for true portability.

I would prefer something lightweight, small (one speaker would be enough) not really after a big boom-box, something I can throw in my grip.

Harley

#2 of 3 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted October 06 2006 - 04:10 PM

How do you travel?

Both companies have boom boxes, but if you travel by mass transit, I seriously doubt they'd work, or anyone on them would put up with it.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 3 Harley

Harley

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattCR
How do you travel?

Both companies have boom boxes, but if you travel by mass transit, I seriously doubt they'd work, or anyone on them would put up with it.

Freight not mass transit,,, Good guess!

I'm in the Locomotive with one other person.

I could put a magnate and attach the antenna to the out side of the cab.

I've seen most of what's available, what I need is info on which one works the best (Reception & sound of the boom-box)

Harley