Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Most surprising titles that have yet to be double dipped?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric Gripp

Eric Gripp

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted October 03 2006 - 04:22 PM

Since double and triple (or more!) dipping is such a prevalent practice with DVD's, which titles that haven't yet are most surprising? My picks off the top of my head would be Jurassic Park, Psycho, and the Indiana Jones Trilogy.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Gabe D

Gabe D

Screenwriter

• 2,173 posts

Posted October 04 2006 - 12:46 AM

By far the most surprising to me is Home Alone. It's one of the most popular movies of all time, and the original barebones non-anamorphic DVD is awful. Edited to add: apparently the new DVD is coming next month. Since the leap to HD, I haven't followed the upcoming SD-DVD release dates so closely. Psycho and Jurassic Park have arguably been double dipped. Psycho has been repackaged and included in boxsets with exclusive material. It was also redone for last year's Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection boxset, and I'm sure that version will be released as a standalone sooner or later. Jurassic Park was initially released in several different versions, and has been repackaged in boxsets with exclusive material. If you wanted both DTS sound and all of the Special Features, you had to buy to different DVDs of Jurassic Park on the day it was first released. That may be the ultimate double dip.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   JoePassmore

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted October 04 2006 - 06:57 AM

Rocketeer Dick Tracy Can't wait for those re-issues...

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,459 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted October 04 2006 - 07:08 AM

Well, it would be a triple-dip, but I can't believe we still don't have an anamorphic dvd of Somewhere In Time. I have pretty good information that confirms an anamorphic transfer has existed for several years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users