Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 05:14 PM

It's another combo disc.

Quote:
'Miami Vice' Cruising to DVD and HD-DVD in December
September 29, 2006
Universal Studios Home Entertaiment has announced 'Miami Vice' is headed to DVD and Combo Format HD-DVD on December 5.

The DVD version will be available as either the theatrical cut or an unrated director's cut. Both will include anamorphic widescreen 2.4:1 video and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

The Combo Format HD-DVD ups the home theater experience ante with Dolby Digital TrueHD 5.1 audio and widescreen 2.4:1 1080p video. The HD-DVD side will include the unrated director's cut while the DVD side will include the seven minute shorter theatrical cut.

We'll update the disc detail pages once extra features are made available by Universal. The HD-DVD Combo Format will carry an SRP of $39.98, while both DVD versions will come in at $29.98.

From The Man Room

Interesting that only the director's cut will be in HD, which I'm sure will make more than a few people upset. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I loved what I saw in theaters, so I hope the extended version is more of the same, so I'll wait and see. I was going to buy this one anyway, but the TrueHD track is certainly a nice feature as well.
Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#2 of 8 Ryan Wong

Ryan Wong

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 06:02 PM

Well, at least you get different versions for combo disc.
Ryan Wong

#3 of 8 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 09:46 PM

I probably would have picked this title up if it had been HD DVD only. It can sit on the rack now that they are making it a combo disc. I have no intention of paying 40 bucks so that I can have a version of the movie that I will never watch. They should have made this disc with both versions in high definition only, since they are going to be releasing a DVD only release anyway.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#4 of 8 ppltd

ppltd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted October 01 2006 - 11:13 PM

I guess this is one of those titles I will pass on. Don't even think I would bother renting it.

Thomas Eisenmann
Thomas Eisenmann(Last updated 09/30/11)

Blu-Ray Collection  DVD Collection, Numerous BD players,

LG 55LX6500 55-Inch 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED

Pioneer VSX-94TXH, Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D 1080p (PT-AE8000 Just Ordered, 

1124 BDs and going up, 1028 - DVDs and going down.

#5 of 8 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,808 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted October 04 2006 - 05:10 PM

I liked it in the theaters, but I wasnt overly wild about it. Looking forward to reviewing the directors cut!

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#6 of 8 John Milton

John Milton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted October 05 2006 - 09:43 AM

I'm not a fan of combos, nor have I even seen this film yet. That said I'll definitely be getting this HD DVD if for no other reason than because my wife loves Colin Farrell. Gotta keep her happy about the new HD toys too.

#7 of 8 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted October 05 2006 - 09:46 AM

Is seamless branching possible on HD-DVD?
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#8 of 8 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,558 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 05:40 AM

latest info on Miami Vice from highdef digest...

Quote:
Universal has also unveiled the full specs for the December 5 debut of 'Miami Vice,' which was first announced for next-gen release last week.

In addition to 1080p/VC-1 video, the HD DVD/DVD combo package will include the Unrated Director's Cut of the film on the HD DVD side only, plus a new Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround that is sure to pack a wallop.

Universal is also getting aggressive with its support for interactivity, adding its new "U-Control" feature that allows users to customize how the watch the disc's HD exclusive content. Among the HD bonus goodies on 'Miami Vice' will be the ability to access "Tech Specs" and "GPS Tracking," and if you've already played around with the studio's 'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift,' you're probably familiar with what to expect.

Very cool indeed! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow