What's new

david e. kelly (1 Viewer)

ek2future

Auditioning
Real Name
Vegard
does anyone know why he wont release his past shows such as The Practice and Boston Public? It's really starting to annoy me.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Because he's not in control of releasing those shows. They are owned by FOX. (Not sure about the Practice, though).

There was talk that his older shows would see release in the near future, not sure what's happening with them at the moment.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Yes, "The Practice" is Fox also. As is "Ally McBeal," "Picket Fences," etc. I'm not sure if Kelley's ever done any TV that wasn't distributed through Fox.

I'm inclined to think that maybe music rights are hanging up the release of at least some of his shows. Certainly "Ally" used a lot of licensed music throughout the series. Others may not have used as *much* as "Ally" did, but I seem to remember music figuring pretty significantly in most of his recent shows in one way or another.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Ally is definatley a rights issue, it would have been released a long time ago otherwise ... it was elsewhere.

Picket Fences really didn't use much and what it did was generally to the standard of elevator music.

Josh_LaF

Agent
Real Name
Josh
The DVD for Boston Legal was put out by FOX, the show just airs on ABC. The studio that produces a show is responsible for the DVD set not the network that airs it. For instance My Name is Earl, airs on NBC, put on DVD by FOX. House, airs on FOX put out on DVD by Universal (NBC). When you watch the end of the show when it airs, it shows the studio that produces it.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think he has created a show that wasn't FOX, except maybe Doogie ... but he co-created that.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
there was a rumor quite some time ago that Fox was planning to do The Practice, but to capitalize on Boston Legal, they were going to release the last season with Spader FIRST. Anyone else hear that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks