What's new

Anything like an ipod which can do hi-def out? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
Something I can carry around different resolutions of video in my pocket with, but is capable of being hooked up to a tv through like component or hdmi or something. Like how you can connect an ipod to a tv... but in HD. Not nesecarily a IPOD device im talking about here. I just need a portable solution to demo high def content on different TVs.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
About the Smallest thing I can think of is a HD DVR Satellite or Cable Box with built in DVR(tivo). Pocket size.... wait a couple more years. Where are your trying to demo HD? Lot's of Vendors/Dealers go that route to Demo HD at Home shows etc... Either that or You'd have to get a HD DVD/Blue-Ray Player. That would be another way. There are also Laptops with Blu-Ray Players and HDMI outputs, but then your looking at booku bucks$$$$

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
Well I sell Hi-def Tvs and the source picture at my store is some crappy split coax cable or split component standard def picture. Its sorta hard selling hdtvs to customers when the images in the store are not even HD. I just thought It would help me sell more (thus make me more money) if I could buy some sort of portable hi-def out device, so I can quickly show customers the differance between 480, 720 and 1080. I know I can use a dvd player for this, but I cant exactly keep moving it form tv to tv quickly as it needs a power source, and is a little big.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I can't believe any store selling HDTV's doesn't have a HD Source. The store owner could at least get you local HD OTA with a simple Receiver and Antenna. I'd be looking for another job if they can't give you the tools to sell their product. I'm assuming your on commission otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question. You sell HD TV's and NO hD DVD Players? Blu-Ray or HD DVD? What kind of outfit are you working for???? I'd sit the owner down and say "hey".. How can I sell HD TV's showing the customer a "snowy" picuture... If he can't see spending $100 to get at least one HD Source Available I'd be out of there tomorrow... have the OWNER fix the problem or give him your notice.... :D

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
go to ebay and buy a used HD OTA set top box. They are dirt cheap. that'll get you about the best HD you can demo. Some of those boxes even have the ability to quickly switch between SD and HD.

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Yea... set up a HD OTA Box and Rabbit ears... Really Blow the Customers Mind if you can get a strong enough signal inside the store with rabbit ears. Even a used Voom HD Sat box works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks