What's new

Mastertape Theater (1 Viewer)

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
I can't wait to hear Mastertape Theater on Tuesday, hosted by Sir Harden Thicke. When Sternie talks about that show and "Jackie's Joke Hunt" - I laugh harder at that than anything Artie has said in 5 yrs.

Monty B

Agent
Dont forget that Jackie's Joke Hunt debuts tonight at 7:00 on channel 101. I am also psyched that Jackie is going to be part of the Gary roast.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Heeeey, get it? "Joke Hunt!" Like "Mike Hunt" only with "Joke". Errr, heeee heee, huuuurh, heeee.

Brent T

Second Unit
I enjoyed the Mastertape Theater alot more then I thought I would.

I loved hearing the Rainbow Room bit again and I cant get enough of the Jackie Laugh

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Jackie's Joke Hunt on in a few mins! Now all we need is a Billy West show and the channels will be complete. Oh - and Pat Cooper tomorrow!

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Jeff, whenever I get down, I do the Jackie laugh and my spirits rise. I think I'm going to use them as my cell ringtones. With Artie's latest heroin revelation, I think he's gone from "loveable loser" to a really dark guy. Maybe that's just me.

Monty B

Agent

I think Artie's darkness is what makes him such an interesting and vital part of the show. I love Jackie but I think Artie's stories and his unpredictability have taken the show to the next level.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Two different characters, same show. Like Cheers, the show has had some main characters come and go, but as long as the lead guy is there, the show goes on. There are differences, but when you get down to the core, it still revolves around the Id, Ego and Superego of a man with the mind of a 4th grader.

dailW

Stunt Coordinator

that day was top 5 best days ever in stern history.the silence was deafening after artie told that story.saw artie in a new light that day.classic.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
yep

its good they moved M/T/T to friday......but it gives people like me, who never had a chance to hear the show before sirius....to hear the good shows...i got digital cable too so I oculd get on demand...but they dont have it availble here yet.....DAMN!

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
HowardTV onDemand has made me cancel Netflix. I hardly had time for the rentals so not only is it a great service, it's saving me money!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
master tape theate is a great idea but i dont think they have done it very well.

only a few shws have had me say, "oh yea good choice for MTT."

the one form this past week.

with seinfeld.

how long was that show 2 hrs.

odd choice i think.
last week was good the vegas week, but on the other hand that was only 2 years ago.

how about some really old stuff.

they have been doing this for 25 years now.
what i would want is the first simulcast on philly.
that was the very first of any of his shows to be on more then one city and that show was brillaint.

he pulled out evrything for that show.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
I agree. I guess the long commercial breaks from the k-Rock shows really cut down the amount of content, so now when they're played back, it comes out to 3 hrs or so. I think they should play a show once through on a Friday and then cycle to another show later in the day.

Brent T

Second Unit
Well I have quickly lost interest in the Mastertape Theater for many of the reasons above.

I do enjoy listening to an old show every now and then however when Howard goes on his vacations I cant take 5 days in a row of it. I really wish he would have a guest host of some nature. Let Cabbie come in and do a few days or some of the other knuckle heads that have been on the show. I would love to see what sort of train wreck they would put on.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Another thing that sucks about these shows is that they are censoring them... a couple of references to his exwife have been removed from a '94 show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i would say they are being edited.

maybe it is a legal thing that he cant use anything about his ex wife.

so anyway the next 2 weeks starting tomorrow will be mastertape theater.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
That's certainly possible... even if edited, it's still nice to hear the pre 94 era of which material is pretty rare... I dont know why they are choosing to air stuff from the last few years.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
today was a show from dec 1989 and featured howard and richard simmons calling allison

she spoke on the air with howard.

mike maybe it was just that '94 show that was edited.

Users who are viewing this thread