Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Where can I find OLD ATI/RADEON drivers?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   David Ruiz

David Ruiz

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted September 30 2006 - 01:47 AM

I went to the ATI website and downloaded the latest drivers and as a result, my 19" computer monitor can only display a single resolution correctly: 800x600. I can change it to other resolutions, but they display very stretched and with a lot of panning. I used to be able to run 1600x1200 easily on this monitor before the latest drivers. I tried to "roll-back" to the old drivers, but unfortunately, it can't find the files needed in order to do so, so does anyone know where I can fold old ATI/Radeon drivers? My card is the 9800 pro. Thanks in advance.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   ChristopherDAC

• 3,729 posts

Posted September 30 2006 - 05:06 AM

Err, you can get several generations back of these drivers from the ATi web site itself. You look in the same place as for the newest drivers, and there is a link for "history" or something, with a big long change log and links to each referenced version.

#3 of 8 ONLINE   DaveF

• 16,336 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted September 30 2006 - 05:09 AM

If you mean the desktop scrolls when you mouse to the edge of the screen, you may have a virtual desktop mode turned on. Double check your settings. Also double check that the driver settings for your monitor didn't accidently get changed.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor

• 523 posts

Posted September 30 2006 - 06:07 AM

what version do you need? I have many of the older versions archived. IMO 5.11 was the best driver set they have had recently, it gives great performance and doesnt have all that new fangled garbage in the drivers that hogs up resources. I used them on my 9800 pro and now my x850xt. One other thing did you remove the old drivers before you tried to update? It can cause issues if you dont, i also suggest you download and use driver cleaner next time to make sure you completely remove the old drivers. driver cleaner is free.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   David Ruiz

David Ruiz

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted September 30 2006 - 11:06 AM

I don't know what version I had before. I was just using the drivers that came from the original install CD that came with the ATI card, but I seem to have lost that CD. If I can get this thing to display properly, I might just keep the new drivers.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted September 30 2006 - 11:10 AM

Go to the driver section of ATI's site:

Once you choose your system, every ATI card has a "Previous Drivers and Software" option.

Use the "ATI Customer Care Site Map" on the left (click the + next to "Drivers and Software") and it's easy.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   David Ruiz

David Ruiz

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted September 30 2006 - 11:47 AM

I want to thank all of you so much. Just like you guys said, the old drivers were on the ATI site and I downloaded them and once again, my montior can display 1600x1200 without scrolling. Thanks!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 01 2006 - 01:34 AM

Hi, You can also Find older drivers here:

"IF the Facts don't Fit the Theory Change the Facts"    Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users