Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"24" Season 5 on Blu-ray...?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 05:57 AM

While doing some research for something else, I stumbled on this interview with the DP's from the show 24. In the middle of it, this significant quote came out:
Quote:
It’s significant that Spark Hill, 24’s behind-the-scenes DVD guys, were told to go to HD because we’ll probably output our season five DVDs in blu-ray later in the year. As a consequence, they have to have all their behind-the-scenes materials shot in HD, so they have been using four Sony Z1s and a Sony HC1 that the producer works with.
full article

This was back in March/April and they do say 'probably', but it is good news that they were shooting the 'extras' in HD. Has there been any other news or announcements related to 24 and Blu-ray? It would be a great show for the format.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,942 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 06:05 AM

they better do VC1 then =). enough of this MPEG2 crap.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 06:13 AM

I would think that for a tv show, they would have to, to keep disc count down and quality still up. At least let's hope. Posted Image

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Harbaugh
While doing some research for something else, I stumbled on this interview with the DP's from the show 24. In the middle of it, this significant quote came out:

full article

This was back in March/April and they do say 'probably', but it is good news that they were shooting the 'extras' in HD. Has there been any other news or announcements related to 24 and Blu-ray? It would be a great show for the format.

wow Posted Image I'd like to have 24 on blu-ray Posted Image and several other shows like Prison Break, X-files, and many more .....

Marek

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ppltd

ppltd

Producer

• 3,044 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Harbaugh

full article

Fox recently announced the date for the release of 24 on SD in December which would be the same release strategy they have used with the prior years releases of 24, just before the start of the next season. Nothing in the announcement mentioned a BR version. Doesn't mean it won't happen, though.

Thomas Eisenmann
Thomas Eisenmann(Last updated 09/30/11)

Blu-Ray Collection  DVD Collection, Numerous BD players,

LG 55LX6500 55-Inch 3D 1080p 240 Hz LED

Pioneer VSX-94TXH, Panasonic PT-AE7000U 3D 1080p (PT-AE8000 Just Ordered, 

1124 BDs and going up, 1028 - DVDs and going down.

Forum Nav Content I Follow