Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

SPHE Press Release: Holiday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,628 posts

Posted September 24 2006 - 10:29 PM

TAKE A TRIP WITH OSCAR®-WINNERS CARY GRANT & KATHARINE HEPBURN IN THE CLASSIC FILM

HOLIDAY

- Available On DVD December 5-

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (September 25, 2006) – Spend a Saturday night with two of Hollywood’s most beloved actors, Cary Grant (The Philadelphia Story, To Catch A Thief) and Katharine Hepburn (On Golden Pond, The Lion In The Winter) in the heartwarming drama HOLIDAY, available on DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on December 5. Directed by George Cukor (Rich and Famous, My Fair Lady) and written by Broadway playwright Philip Barry (An Affair to Remember, Marie Antoinette), Holiday tells the story of liberal Johnny Case (Grant) who is betrothed to a millionaire's daughter, portrayed by actress Doris Nolan (Irene, Follies Girl), but eventually falls in love with his fiancé’s sister (Hepburn). This film brilliantly illustrates why Grant is considered one of the most acclaimed actors in movie history and why he and Hepburn were perfectly paired together on-screen. The HOLIDAY DVD includes a “Cary At Columbia” featurette along with an exclusive photo gallery and will be available for a SRP of $24.95.

Holiday

Grant plays free-spirited Johnny Case, a self-made man with a dream in his heart of making just enough money to retire on and then travel around the world. Johnny proposes to his girlfriend the lovely Julia (Nolan) in Lake Placid, but it isn't until he pays her a visit in New York that he discovers she's the daughter of a wealthy businessman. Although his nonconformity ruffles the feathers of Julia's stuffy father, he's soon won over the whole family--most notably, Julia's rebellious sister Linda (Hepburn), who in becoming Johnny's greatest advocate finds herself irresistibly drawn to him. With the help of his friends, Johnny makes up his mind as to which is the better course, and the better mate. This film is not rated and has a run time of 97 minutes.

DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE

”Cary at Columbia” Featurette
Deleted Scenes Photo Montage

DVD Catalog #:11416
DVD UPC Code: 043396114166
DVD Order Date: 11/2/06
DVD SLP: $24.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 23,937 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted September 25 2006 - 03:20 AM

That's great for those of us that resisted buying this boxset because we already had all of those titles except "Holiday" on dvd.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#3 of 8 Roger Rollins

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted September 25 2006 - 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford
That's great for those of us that resisted buying this boxset because we already had all of those titles except "Holiday" on dvd.

Crawdaddy

Agreed...and I'm glad I waited, too. But $24.95 SRP in this day and age for a single disc of a well-known film with top stars and a top director is just moronic.

Shame on Sony!

#4 of 8 Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,407 posts

Posted September 25 2006 - 05:37 AM

Also good news for those who don't want to buy the recently announced Frank Capra set just to get American Madness. It will probably be released individually in about a year. Still as previously mentioned the price point is too high . Sony is clueless.

#5 of 8 george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 12:14 AM

Well for those of us who did buy the box set, any idea if there's a reason to upgrade? I get the impression that this is just the same transfer, and I should just stick to what I have.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#6 of 8 seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 01:56 AM

Quote:
Well for those of us who did buy the box set, any idea if there's a reason to upgrade? I get the impression that this is just the same transfer, and I should just stick to what I have.

This doesn't look like an upgrade at all, just a stand-alone release of the one film that was exclusive to the box set.
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#7 of 8 Corey

Corey

Screenwriter

• 1,412 posts

Posted September 27 2006 - 04:24 AM

its been so slow lately regarding the classic releases. we should be hearing about january's releases from warner bros. next month
Corey's most wanted R1 dvds:

Little Darlings (1980), My Cousin Rachel (1952), The Deep Blue Sea (1955), The White Cliffs of Dover (1944), Born to Be Bad (1950), Ivy (1947), Reckless (1935), Springtime in the Rockies (1942), The Barretts of Wimpole Street

#8 of 8 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,571 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 27 2006 - 09:19 AM

Yes, I waited since I had the others, but the price IS too high. Still, HOLIDAY is one of my favorite Hepburn films, so I'm sure I'll pay it to get the film.

Forum Nav Content I Follow