Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Brothers and Sisters season 1 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#121 of 133 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,891 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 04:58 AM

I'm loving the idea of a rebellious Rebecca causing all sorts of chaos in the Walker household.

Kitty hopped up on pain killers was a funny scene.

Food Fight!

It's gotta be time for Justin to go back to the war, anyway, right?
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#122 of 133 OFFLINE   Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted May 07 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
I'm loving the idea of a rebellious Rebecca causing all sorts of chaos in the Walker household.

Kitty hopped up on pain killers was a funny scene.

Food Fight!

It's gotta be time for Justin to go back to the war, anyway, right?

I rather enjoy this show but, man, that food fight turning into laughter and then tears was pure cliche.

And the Justin/war scenario strikes me as obvious fodder for him to either die or at least come home horribly wounded and provide the family another huge source of angst.

#123 of 133 OFFLINE   Luis Esp

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted May 08 2007 - 11:17 AM

I'm totally expecting for Justin's character to be written off the show.

And since he seems to be the only sibling to have gotten close to Rebecca, she's going to sink her claws in deeper.

Can we get of Peter Coyote's character already?
I'm not nice...people just make that assumption of me.

#124 of 133 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted May 08 2007 - 01:17 PM

Why why why can this family NOT understand that if you tell someone something is "just between us," the entire clan will hear about it in the three minutes?

Sally Fields and Rachel Griffiths better be nominated for Emmy's this year. Hell, this might be the strongest group of female leads in any dramatic show in a long time.

#125 of 133 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 01:15 AM

Quote:
Why why why can this family NOT understand that if you tell someone something is "just between us," the entire clan will hear about it in the three minutes?

Unfortunately my wife's family is the same way, it's like I won't tell anyone, then in the midst of a conversation with another sibling of hers it pops right out with the line "you can't mention that it's a secret" Posted Image. Good episode on Sunday the mistress is pretty pathetic though, she can't find her own way and she was first still holding on to a dead man that only came by and didn't really stay, then flirting with Sally's Character's guest/date.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#126 of 133 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 09 2007 - 03:17 PM

That scene between Nora and Holly was a winner. Talk about great acting. I have watched it a few time since. Love it.

I don't believe Justin is leaving the show.

#127 of 133 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,891 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 03:52 PM

I hope Dave Annable was taking notes in his scenes with Sally Field because she was acting circles around him in the kitchen scene, but he was trying to keep up.

Robert's family is nuts. Who knew?

Kevin finding out he just jumped a minister was good for a laugh.

Justin's goodbye was good for a tear, even though the song playing in the background was a little too loud for the moment.

Rebecca's got issues, probably some absent daddy issues, given her story with wrecking another marriage (and subsequent suicide by the philandering husband).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#128 of 133 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 06:40 PM

Great episode.

Liked the Sarah and Holly scene.
Don't particularly like the Kevin and Jason McCalister pairing. I think they should bring Scotty back.
Saul gay? Huh? Michael Nouri his gay lover?

#129 of 133 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 04:31 AM

The wife and I thought that was interesting also, clearly a closet gay man that might explain why he couldn't keep the relationship with his brother in law's mistress.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#130 of 133 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 05:52 AM

Quote:
Saul gay? Huh? Michael Nouri his gay lover?
That really came out of nowhere didn't it? I am not sure it was necessary with an episode that was already overfull of storylines.

Is it me or don't you think McAllister's family would have been vetted before he ran for president?
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#131 of 133 ONLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,546 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty M
That really came out of nowhere didn't it? I am not sure it was necessary with an episode that was already overfull of storylines.

Is it me or don't you think McAllister's family would have been vetted before he ran for president?

I thought that too about McAllister's family. I guess it was done here for comic effect.

The gay storyline with Saul was also out of nowhere! Interesting to see both Nouri and an hour earlier on Housewives, MacLachlan years after their pairing in the film, The Hidden.

#132 of 133 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Au
I thought that too about McAllister's family. I guess it was done here for comic effect.

The gay storyline with Saul was also out of nowhere! Interesting to see both Nouri and an hour earlier on Housewives, MacLachlan years after their pairing in the film, The Hidden.

Good catch. I thought of Flashdance when I saw him but not The Hidden.

I wonder if they just couldn't figure out what to do with Saul so they came up with this story?

[edit] I read in this weeks TV guide that they didn't know what else to do with Saul so they asked Ron Rifkin if he would do it (because that is not what he signed on for) and he said sure, why not.

#133 of 133 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted May 22 2007 - 12:55 AM

Whatever the reasons with this Saul storyline, I don't like it. Magically appearing storyline that isn't what was designed for the character. I'll go along with it, but this Milo guy...eeeewww.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow