What's new

Desperate Housewives season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The ladies of Wisteria Lane are back, and supposedly so is their creator (Marc Cherry). They return in their same timeslot, Sunday 9 p.m. EDT on ABC. Bree and Orson appear to be getting hitched after a hasty engagement. Mike got ran over. And that's all I can remember for dangling storylines. Haha.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was a pretty fast-moving season premiere episode with plenty of laughs and revelations.

Tom's second "wife" is going to be a major thorn in Lynette's side this season. Loved the X-Mas photo.

Gabby was being really bitchy towards her surrogate/maid, maybe it'll come back to bite her.

Is Mike stuck in coma land this season? Susan's new love interest - wonder what skeleton's he's got in his closet.

Bree's emotions ran the gamut in just one episode, from receiving her first major "O" and then finding out that Orson has a dark twisted past of his own, thanks to the Laurie Metcalf character.

And then there's another murder mystery added to the mix.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I checked out on DH shortly after the first half of the second season, but tonight I watched the season three premiere with my wife. I will say that this was an improvement over the last episode I sat through, but there is still something about the show that is very off-putting for me.

The Susan slapstick scenes have become so forced and predictable that I find them painful to watch.

And, the more backstory I learn about some of the lead characters, the less I care about them and the less I want to know.

That said, we were treated to a few genuinely funny moments that made the rest of the hour bearable, at least for me. Bree's doctor visit and Edie's open house with Mrs. McCluskey were real standouts, IMO.

Overall, this was not an awful hour of TV, but it is still a far cry from the appointment television that Desperate Housewives was back in season one...

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Recorded it last night however the wife and I stopped watching after the birthday party scene at the neighbor's yard. My wife said you got it recording correct, and well light's out.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There were a couple of LOL moments, mostly from Lynette. I can't stand Nora or whatever her name is though.

Some of the setup does seem a tad familiar though, with the unidentified body and all. Fortunately what seems to be the central mystery concerns one of the characters I actually like. I haven't been impressed with Gaby or Susan for awhile.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Officially jumped the shark. Hopefully it can recover. Don't know how much longer I can endure it. Too bad. Used to be great.:frowning:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
What exactly was the shark and who did the jumping?

I admit I'm a little suprised by the negative comments. Though last year I was the one who was saying Mary Alice seemed unnecessary and things were off. Of course the naysayers agreed with me by season's end, but I chose not to say "I told you so." :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Probably a tiger shark and of course it was Fonzie.;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Actually I'm curious what you considered was the "jump the shark" moment in DH.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This show jumped the shark last year. But this year isn't off to a very hot start. Some moments that made me roll my eyes:

The Over-The-Top woman with a kid moment in which she flings herself across the couch was so ridiculous that it wasn't funny; it just made me think it was lazy.

And Bree's orgasm plot was so ridiculous that it became annoying, not entertaining.

The jumping of the shark bit came last year; however, the moment the Applewhites showed up and nothing came of it.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

It's been bothering me on who she was and it finally came to me, she played in a small roll in Independence Day as the other stripper with Vivica Fox, correct? Anyway it will be interesting to see how far she's going to push this guy and his wife. (I'm terrible with names)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Chris pretty much nailed it. I loved the first season and never missed an episode, but at some point midway during the second season, the storylines became boring, especially the Applewhite "story". At that point I started taping them and just finished watching them last week just to get caught up in what I hoped would be a great new start.

And then the premiere was really weak. Bad slapstick, and lazy writing, such as the Bree storyline where she falls for another homicidal nut. Come on....

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator

Wow...I am good with faces and even I didn't pick that up. And I rewatched ID4 this summer. Good job, haha.

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator
Could this show work without a contrived murder mystery surrounding each season? Or do you think that the show needs that element? It's a serious question, because the show seems to be becoming repetitive now.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Some familiar territory -- let's see if it develops any differently -- but the premiere was definitely better than most of season 2.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/1/06
It's been a pretty loosey-goosey episode, but not in a good screwball way.

The birth scene was somewhat predictable, but a silly way to resolve Gabby and Carlos's issues.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I found this episode to be very predictable and uninteresting.
Doesn't Bree learn anything? I mean come on. Another psycho storyline?
All these characters need brain transfusions.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did laugh at Susan and brit-guy's comparison of their histories in the bedroom (darn double standard).

Nora and Lynnette's subplot is plain tedious to me. There's nothing that's grabbing my attention relationship-wise, I'll leave the truck driver to do the other kind of grabin'.

Gabby-in-the-suitcase was something unexpected, and she's probably the only one in the cast of DH who could do it.

Bree in search of Andrew seemed too contrived at this point, and I was hoping Orson would tip something from his past to Andrew in their brief lunch.

I was wondering how long Mike was going to be coma boy for the season, but that got answered tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks