Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Office Season Two Question?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 265 posts

Posted September 23 2006 - 02:27 AM

I understand the Office Season Two DVD set it getting rave reviews. Mostly because of all the extra or bonus features. My question is: Which disc is the blooper reel on? I believe that I saw on Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight earlier this week that they said the blooper reel was 15 minutes long. Is it spread out over all four discs or is it on just one? Which one? Thanks.... (p.s. - this is on my wife's wishlist for Christmas)

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted September 23 2006 - 03:33 AM

The Office Season 2 is even better than the reviews indicate. It is now my favorite show on TV. The gag reel is only on one disc and that is disc #4.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 265 posts

Posted September 23 2006 - 06:27 AM

Thanks Doug! I'm gonna order it today....

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted September 23 2006 - 07:35 AM

Yes, this is a great set. Each episode has around ten minutes of deleted scenes, mostly subplots that were cut out. So, it is like getting 6 extra episodes.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 265 posts

Posted September 23 2006 - 08:36 AM

Very cool Jon. Don't you wish every TV show on DVD would give you that many extras....

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,698 posts

Posted September 23 2006 - 06:07 PM

Best comedy on television, period. The Season 3 premiere ("Gay Witch Hunt") was hysterical. My only complaint about the season 2 set is the lack of a "play all" feature on the fake PSAs. VERY minor blemish on an otherwise stellar set.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Eric_Bee

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted September 24 2006 - 02:07 AM

[quote] Yes, this is a great set. Each episode has around ten minutes of deleted scenes, mostly subplots that were cut out. So, it is like getting 6 extra episodes. [quote]

It would be terrific if one could watch an episode all the way through, with the deleted scenes where they were before being cut, rather being accessible only outside the chronology of the episode. Is this by chance possible with The Office's deleted scenes?

It is, in fact, ironic, that the early 90's VHS "Director's Versions" of movies such as "Godfather III" and "JFK," which contained 10-20 minutes of additional scenses, presented the original and new material in one seemless presentation, but that with the technological advances that DVD presents over VHS, DVD releases include alternate and deleted scenes on a separate disk, or at least have them accessible only outside the chronology of the episode, rather than incorporated directly into the episode.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Joe Reinwald

Joe Reinwald

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted September 26 2006 - 01:00 AM

Without echoing what has been said, this was a great set. Because of the large number of cuts from "live action" to the "interviews" the deleted scenes could easily have fit back in without feeling out of place (and it's not like there are a lot of set changes that would make things look odd). As is, the deleted scenes--again due to the nature of the cutting--feel like an episode unto themselves. I also agree that the PSAs deserved a play-all, but I was usually chuckling long enough for the menu to load again.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Producer

• 3,041 posts

Posted October 02 2006 - 06:44 AM

"Gay Witch Hunt" has to be the funniest episode the show has ever done - and one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish. I've seen it three times and I still die laughing each time!

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Phil Garcia

Phil Garcia

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted October 02 2006 - 10:20 AM

Note that Target has an exclusive bonus feature on disc 3...its the Jenna Fisher cam on the Booze Cruise. Its pretty funny, but even though I got it at Target I still despise exclusive bonus features to stores. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users