What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
No love for the original?

So, what do you think had happened to Catherine at the end of the episode?

This wasn't really much of a two-parter. The "cliffhanger" just seemed like the opening scenes of next weeks episodes.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Oh I have plenty of love for this show.

Newer opening credits (now with Louise Lombard), beardless and slightly happier Grissom, and the most bizarre ending I've ever seen...love it!

What happened to Catherine was obvious. drink was laced, and she was raped, then did a self-collection of evidence, which got a bit too personal/harsh with the tampon. The Bartender? The guy who wanted to buy her a drink? Either way, Nick Stokes will likely have VERY guilty feelings over leaving his friend to end up in that situation.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I don't know how Catherine got into this situation. She got the drink form the bartender. Unless the bartender is the perv. Guess it is possible.

I have to mention the lighting again. It is just way too dark. No office building is that dark inside. Also, no medical examination room is that dark. When they were looking / examining the corpses, it was in a dark room. That is just too stupid. I know they want the lighting to be moody, but it is just gone way to overboard with.

Why are you guys spoilerizing the stuff that was in the episode?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I saw it, and thought it was an improvement over the last season finale, which was a disappointment.

Interesting to see Brass getting a tattoo of the date that he was shot.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Grissom looked way cooler when he had a beard.

I thought having Catherine get raped was very unsettling (which, obviously, is the point). It just seemed like too much to have happen to the female lead. It'll be interesting to see where they go with that story though.

Yeah but it's a TV show not a documentary. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe the make-shift rape kit Catherine manufactured on the spot, she need a MacGuyer badge. That was very disorienting, intentionally so for the viewers to parallel Catherine piecing it together herself in real time.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Catherine's father set this up, but nothing really happened to her. I also kept thinking that as Grissom was documenting that kitchen and kitchen model, Catherine is doing he rape kit thing, they were in the same house and she'd pop out and run into them.

Thought Grissom looked odd without the beard too. Liked the subtle bit with the veggie burger for Sara.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I thought I was watching an episode from the earlier seasons, when I noticed he no longer had a beard. :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I always watch the credits of all the shows I watch. Always looking for changes, especially since it's the season premiere. I'm weird that way.

Regarding where the writers (now including Buffy vet Doug Petrie, so look for some unique storylines...he wrote some great episodes of that series) are going, I suspect this is in response to the actors wanting more to do than simply pronouncing forensic terminology and holding flashlights. That sort of thing may be what viewers want - and only that, considering the resistance to watching 'personal' character-based stories, but it gets old fast with the actors.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D

Not weird,i always look at who the makeup artist is on movies,more so the older ones.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I missed part of the bar scene. The last I saw Katherine was with Nick. What happened to him when she got drugged???

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nick started dancing with another younger blonde hottie, and Catherine went back to the bar, the bartender said some guy wanted to buy her a drink, she look at the guy, and declined the drink. Catherine stays at the bar drinking a bit, it gets hazy for her, Nick is shown to wave goodbye to Catherine as he leaves with the younger blonde. Then Catherine winds up in some room, naked, face down, and then wakes up and goes all MacGuyer with her homemade rape kit to collect the evidence of a night she does not remember.

There was also a bit with Grissom and Sophia at the house of a murder, and there's a model of the house and a recreation of the murder scene inside the model house.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Which is, after seeing six years of this show, four years of Miami, and two years of New York, the strangest, most wonderfully intriguing crime scene yet. The 'chicken and the egg' remark rings very true.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When did CSI become 24? Over the course of a day, Catherine got date raped, her daughter was kidnapped and found, and her father was shot to death in front of her.

On the plus side, I liked the Grissom/rock star storyline. And it was funny seeing Dr. Robbins play air guitar on his crutch.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I hope they don't turn this show into a serial. I like it better with stand alone episodes. I get enough never ending stories with Lost. Sometimes I like a little closure.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
After six years, why not shake things up a bit?

"Formulaic" is such a popular term among viewers, so why not embrace their efforts to not become that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks