Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Releasing the authoring environment of SONY PCL and BD video

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted September 22 2006 - 05:11 AM

interesting article.....

http://babelfish.alt......915/spcl.htm

"Releasing the authoring environment of SONY PCL and BD video
- While producing 2/3 of software 2 layer. As for "innocence" MPEG-2/37.5Mbps"

"In addition, because there is no encoder of the present compressed format concerning 7.1ch sound, you say that becomes correspondence only of linear PCM 7.1ch. By the way, as for sound "of innocence" BD video, linear PCM 7.1ch/ Dolby digital EX (6.1ch) /DTS-ES (6.1ch) it is the schedule which is recorded in 3 types of full rate."

"Presently at the same company only MPEG-2 is adopted. "There is no schedule which adopts VC-1, but the midst when detailed examination is done concerning H.264/AVC. Cooperating with SONY, it is advancing also the development of the encoder ", that although it does, you say that also the advantage of MPEG-2 is large."

"As for AVC with still new technology, optimum tuning of the AVC appearance becomes necessary. In addition, as for being important, if it is MPEG-2, say that you can encode in real time. It is very important "to be responded to excellent demand, that, it emphasizes that the merit with respect to job is large."

#2 of 3 Jeff(R)

Jeff(R)

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted September 22 2006 - 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekM
interesting article.....

"Releasing the authoring environment of SONY PCL and BD video
- While producing 2/3 of software 2 layer. As for "innocence" MPEG-2/37.5Mbps"

So, according to the translation, 2/3 of all titles they are working on now are dual layer.

Posted Image

#3 of 3 MarekM

MarekM

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted September 22 2006 - 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff®
So, according to the translation, 2/3 of all titles they are working on now are dual layer.

yes Jeff, but well I know that bablefish do wrong translation....... I think, yes 2/3 will be DL....

I can dig up same thread on avs forums....... there is much more talk...

Marek

Forum Nav Content I Follow