What's new

How I Met Your Mother season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Robin really toned up over the summer, she was definitely smuldering.

If I were Barney, I would not have left the strip bar at the end of the episode, either.

Alyson's hair in the flashback scenes looked funny, and then by the 3rd flashback, it was obvious it was a wig, and she now does have the darker hair.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Great first episode to start off the new season, and lord yes, Cobie was a freakin' knockout in this episode, particularly now that I get to see her in HD! :eek:

I'm also amazed at how the writers can maintain Barney's seemingly never ending supply of cool. :laugh:

One complaint, though, I don't really buy why Lilly left, I mean IMO she's being a tad silly with the whole "I want to find myself" angle. She's blowing a great thing with Marshall for a really lame reason, again IMO.

Go back to the dude! :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Wig or no, Hannigan was looking pretty amazing, more so than usual, even through the dirty bar window.

She even managed to distract from the Cobie :).

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I'm so happy this show is back. This is my favorite 1/2 hr show on the air right now. I just love it. And part of the reason I love it so much was because of the Lilly/Marshall relationship. To me, they were the perfect couple. Lilly is a very cool chick and not at all the stereo typical controlling bitch that a lot of sitcom women tend to be and Marshall is sweet and respectful but still a man's man.

It's breaking my heart seeing them apart but I know in my hearts of hearts that they will get back together. They have to, they are soul mates!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am wondering if there is a reason that Alyson Hannigan (Lilly) had to miss out a few episodes for some reason and that is why they had her character leave. Is she pregnant, or maybe filming a movie?

Other that the coffee line scene (which it looks like they filmed earlier) she wasn't really shown in full. She was sitting behind a table and she was behind the window. Now that I think about it, wasnt her bag in front of her stomach in the coffee line scene too! Lets start a rumor that she is pregnant. LOL

I am glad this show is back. In todays world, if a show gets a second season it is a miracle.

Did anyone else notice that in the beginning when the voice was talking to the kids, they called him Dad. Is this the first time we are actually told the kids are the kids of the voice?

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I thought it was a great first episode. I made me realize how much I missed it over the summer. I do have to say that Marshall's man boobs are starting to weird me out a little. I can't be the only one who has noticed, am I?

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up and I'm 99% positive they have called him dad before.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I notice that Marshall was dressing more like an ensign on Star Trek, but my boob focus was purely on the females in the episode. :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This was a good start to Season 2.

NPH was back in top form (BPegs!!). Cobie was hot hot hot (shower scene, oh yeah). Alyson was not on enough, but her imagined date with the Funkadelic dude was hilarious.

I wonder how long the writers will let the Ted/Robin thing go on.

I suspect we'll see Lilypad & Marshmallow back together before too long.
Man, I hate to admit it, but I noticed as well. He doesn't really appear to be fat. Maybe it was just a very thin t-shirt...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Barney was really bugging me by the end, but Marshall's revenge was worth it.

I guess this season it will be Marshall and Lilly doing the dance instead of Ted and Robin.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I can't believe no one has commented on Alyson Hannigan's new look. Wowza. She looked incredible last night.

I still say that Marshall and Lily have to get back together. If those two don't get back together than there is no love left in the world and I'm totally throwing in the towel, cuz as of right now I already have the wash cloth thrown in. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Lily Twins at the end was pretty much the big laugh of the night for me, but it was a bit on the painful side, but breakups do that. It was good to see Lily and Marshall re-connect from a different angle, but Marshall should milk the guilt for a good while...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The Lily bit was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Actual comic timing really helps. Imagine trying to set that up in real life: "OK, I've got this hat. I want you to walk in...."

Who played the real twins?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Barney: When I'm sad do you know what I do? I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Best - Advice - Ever

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Anytime I see Alyson Hannigan cry, it breaks my heart. Back to when she would cry on BtVS. She does it very well.

Poor Marshall though, Barney going Darwin on him at every turn. This episode was a great one.

Oh yeah, Hannigan looks soooooo good with her new hair.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree that there is nothing more devastating than watching Willow cry in BTVS. :frowning:

Everytime she does, I want to give her a big bear hug.

Barney was getting pretty mean for his own selfish gain. To me, it went past being "Barney" to being a jerk.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Nobody get's emotional like Alyson Hannigan. :frowning:

Plus, everyone keeps mentioning her hair, which looked nice BTW, but I was actually taken by the fact that she got really tan over the summer! In HD she looked so brown, i'm not used to seeing Alyson so tan.

She looked great! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks