Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Quincy, M.E.", Season 3 where are you?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#161 of 230 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted June 03 2012 - 01:11 PM

I don´t buy the Australian Season 4 and 5 sets because I´d like to watch the show ´with English subtitles. I think as a foreigner that Jack Klugman is often hard to understand due to his cancer problems at the time.

#162 of 230 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,156 posts

Posted June 04 2012 - 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosa /t/242202/quincy-m-e-season-3-where-are-you/150#post_3934071 oh yeah, north america is region 1, i typed 2 by mistake, so i fixed my post to avoid further confusion. Maybe Tim is in the UK, it's sort of a shame the forum software doesn't automatically show the poster's location.
    Don't believe you did make a mistake in your post. I was just agreeing with what you said, and explaining it a bit further (in terms of how far different DVD regions have got with season sets of Quincy, M.E.).

#163 of 230 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,156 posts

Posted June 09 2012 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galipolis /t/242202/quincy-m-e-season-3-where-are-you/120#post_3861762 Hello, I received my QUINCY SEASON THREE Region 4 DVD Set from Madman today. Although announced on their website that it contains a booklet, in my DVD Set NO booklet is included. On the backside of the DVD Set there is also no booklet mentioned or listed - unlike their BANACEK, MCCLOUD, MCMILLAN and ELLERY QUEEN DVD Sets where the booklet always is listed as a content on the DVD Set backside when one is included. Can it be that QUINCY SEASON THREE indeed does not include a booklet at all? If someone has the QUINCY SEASON THREE Region 4 DVD Set from Madman too, I would really appreciate if he could give me some Info on the booklet issue. Thanks for your help, Klaus.
    My copy of Madman's Region 4 release of Quincy, M.E.: Season Three did not have a booklet either, and a booklet isn't stated among the extras on the rear boxart. Maybe it's an error on Madman's website? If there had been a booklet, I would have expected the episode synopsis' for the 20 episodes in Quincy, M.E.'s third season to be in the booklet. Whilst there is no booklet, the episode synopsis' are on the rear boxart of each of the three slipcases.   *****   Very surprised at how fast it arrived in the post, 2-3 working days later. Sent in a bubble-backed envelope (and not a cardboard box). There is a crease running along the side spine of the outer cardboard case, but everything else is virtually excellent.

#164 of 230 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted June 17 2012 - 07:49 AM

I´m about to change my mind. I´m thinking about to order Season 4+5 from Madman. I´ll probably order the "McCloud" sets as well. Does anybody know how long shipping will take from Australia to Europe? Any experiences?

#165 of 230 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,156 posts

Posted June 20 2012 - 01:28 PM

Have tested out the first disc of Madman's DVD set of the third season (which, compared to Madman's Region 4 set of Darkroom, does play on a Region 2 player), and I would say the print quality is similar to that of Universal's Region 1 set. The start of the title sequence has specks and a line down the right side of the screen. It looks fine, possibly a bit frosty and grainy (but this isn't a big surprise).

#166 of 230 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted June 23 2012 - 02:57 AM

Today I received my package from Madman in Australia. I´m totally dumbfounded because I received my package which cost about 300 dollars within 5 days. I´ve ordered "Quincy-Season 4+5" and "McCloud-Season 1-5". I thought I have to wait several weeks because my package would get to custom before I get it. But somehow the custom was not interested in my package though it cost about 300 dollars. They didn´t open it. I´m so surprised and can´t believe it that I got it in 5 days. A pleasant surprise!

#167 of 230 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,121 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 10:04 AM

Today I received my package from Madman in Australia. I´m totally dumbfounded because I received my package which cost about 300 dollars within 5 days. I´ve ordered "Quincy-Season 4+5" and "McCloud-Season 1-5". I thought I have to wait several weeks because my package would get to custom before I get it. But somehow the custom was not interested in my package though it cost about 300 dollars. They didn´t open it. I´m so surprised and can´t believe it that I got it in 5 days. A pleasant surprise!
I don't think I have ever had an overseas package be inspected by customs.

#168 of 230 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 12:23 PM

I don't think I have ever had an overseas package be inspected by customs.
Order some discs from amazon.com and you have to wait as a Europaen several weeks until your stuff arrives-unless your order something under 60 dollars. I preordered for example "Mannix-Season 7 and Streets of San Francisco Season 3-Volume 1+2 from amazon.com They´ll ship it together and I know it will take several weeks until it arrives. I used to order us-discs from planetaxel.com because they shipped 1 week before the original release date and i had to wait only 10 days until it arrived but unfortunately they´re broke. That´s a disaster for me.

#169 of 230 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted September 07 2012 - 02:17 PM

I really want just one more season in R1 so I can see Jessica Walter's great dual role as a female newscaster who gets murdered by her twin sister who then assumes her identity.

I get my wish!

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-4/17469

#170 of 230 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 798 posts

Posted September 07 2012 - 04:11 PM

I get my wish!
http://www.tvshowson...-Season-4/17469

YES!! Great news, i'm really looking forward to another season.

#171 of 230 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,182 posts

Posted September 07 2012 - 04:14 PM

Maybe there is hope for Green Acres then to be released by Shout!

#172 of 230 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,622 posts

Posted September 07 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yes!  Excellent news!!  This one is a sure buy for me.     Gary "Klugman really worked well in this role and I'm happy to see this series get restarted" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#173 of 230 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,444 posts

Posted September 07 2012 - 04:48 PM

I bought the two Australian sets, but will happily support this edition also. I hope Quincy gets the Kojak express treatment from Shout.

#174 of 230 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,308 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted September 07 2012 - 10:46 PM

Not with it being owned by Fox. That's the thing... Shout seems to have a decent opportunity to get anything in the Universal library, from Jack Webb shows to Law and Order to movies riffed for MST3K. They seem to have a similar, but not as thorough, relationship with Sony. Every other company? Good luck prying anything out of them, even if they have no intention of releasing the material. As for Quincy... nice to see another show unabandoned. Next time I feel like trying a mystery show out, I might give Quincy a chance since there's hope we'll one day see the entire series released.

#175 of 230 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,358 posts

Posted September 08 2012 - 04:59 AM

Good news, even though like McCloud it's a Universal show already available elsewhere (Australia), I wonder if they'll do the Dennis Weaver show next or someting unavailable anywhere. But unstalling the abandoned is always welcome and I wish them great success, I'll be there from Season Six depending on which region comes first. Perhaps now, with Timeless on board and seeing that Harry O is just exploding in sales for Warner, Shout might also go for the rare David Janssen show O'Hara U.S. Treasury (1971-72).

#176 of 230 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted September 08 2012 - 06:52 AM

When it comes to Universal titles it would be nice to see them resume the two they started that are in limbo. If "McCloud" were chosen, having S1 redone with the 60 minute shows would have to come first.

#177 of 230 OFFLINE   dressedtokill

dressedtokill

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted September 09 2012 - 05:29 PM

Unfortunately, I asked Cliff about GA and here's what he had to say: "We tried to get it from MGM a year or so ago and they wanted to hold onto the series". That's too bad as I was really hoping they would finish the releases. Here's hoping they release them someday.

#178 of 230 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,156 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow /t/242202/quincy-m-e-season-3-where-are-you/150#post_3971999 Good news, even though like McCloud it's a Universal show already available elsewhere (Australia), I wonder if they'll do the Dennis Weaver show next or someting unavailable anywhere. But unstalling the abandoned is always welcome and I wish them great success, I'll be there from Season Six depending on which region comes first. Perhaps now, with Timeless on board and seeing that Harry O is just exploding in sales for Warner, Shout might also go for the rare David Janssen show O'Hara U.S. Treasury (1971-72).
    Henry, what did you think of the transfer on Madman's DVD release of Quincy, M.E.'s third season? And this question applies to their releases of the fourth and fifth seasons as well. Am thinking about getting the fourth and fifth season releases from Madman, but after testing out the first two or three discs in the third season set I was slightly disappointed by the look of the transfer (very grainy and speckly).   Not sure how to word this, as I'm trying to continue a constructive discussion. When Universal license out their titles to Madman and Shout! Factory, are Universal providing the best possible masters for their DVD releases of Universal titles? Just wondering if Universal would keep the best looking masters for themselves, and provide inferior masters to Madman and Shout. It reads like it, but what I'm asking/saying isn't a criticism of Universal. The age of the original materials/masters has to be taken into consideration. But even when you take that into consideration, you also have to think of how they look when these titles/shows have been shown on TV in the last few years. If the transfers look slightly disappointing, could it be down to a fault in how the episodes are put on the discs in the sets? This is not a criticism of Madman and Shout either. I know when I've seen Quincy, M.E. on TV, some scenes do have a glowy look about them, including a glowy outline round the characters on screen, and there has been plenty of grain (which I don't mind most of the time).

#179 of 230 OFFLINE   GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 136 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted December 07 2012 - 04:04 PM

Great to see Shout already planning the next release of Quincy M.E. It looks like they may be planning to give it the same fast-track treatment they gave Kojak this year. Keep it up Shout! http://tvshowsondvd....-Season-5/17846

#180 of 230 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,308 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted December 08 2012 - 05:02 AM

Great to see Shout already planning the next release of Quincy M.E. It looks like they may be planning to give it the same fast-track treatment they gave Kojak this year. Keep it up Shout!
http://tvshowsondvd....-Season-5/17846

It wasn't only Kojak... they're set to get the final four seasons of Law and Order: Criminal Intent wrapped up within 8 months (S7 in July, S8 in October, S9 next week, S10 in March).

It's still a bit of a bummer that Ironside couldn't benefit from this "pump 'em out" relationship Universal and Shout now have, but pretty much every other Universal show Shout has gotten has wound up getting fast tracked and finished in decent time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users