Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Quincy, M.E.", Season 3 where are you?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#21 of 227 OFFLINE   beatlejam

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted February 15 2007 - 05:43 PM

It is SO FRUSTRATING dealing with Universal TV releases! They have such a great back catalog, but so much of their stuff is "one and done"Posted Image

I would love more QUINCY, HARDY BOYS/NANCY DREW, INCREDIBLE HULK, NIGHT GALLERY, etc.

Are the sales really that bad?! It seems to me some profit is better than none. And I'm sure people would continue to buy them over the years (i.e., there will always be a new generation discovering the Hardy Boys).

I would just like these great shows to be given the proper respect they're due (and I would like us, the fans, treated respectfully, too!)

#22 of 227 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted February 15 2007 - 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlejam
It is SO FRUSTRATING dealing with Universal TV releases! They have such a great back catalog, but so much of their stuff is "one and done"Posted Image

I would love more QUINCY, HARDY BOYS/NANCY DREW, INCREDIBLE HULK, NIGHT GALLERY, etc.

Are the sales really that bad?! It seems to me some profit is better than none. And I'm sure people would continue to buy them over the years (i.e., there will always be a new generation discovering the Hardy Boys).

I would just like these great shows to be given the proper respect they're due (and I would like us, the fans, treated respectfully, too!)

Well, I would love to see more ``Quincy'' and ``Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew'' (isn't there a new ``Hardy Boys'' comedy planned with Ben Stiller?) and I do have some hope for ``Incredible Hulk'' since they *finally* knuckled under last year and released Season 1 instead of that stupid best of collection, which I refused to buy. Universal still makes a lot of us Posted Image and Posted Image at the same time!

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee

#23 of 227 OFFLINE   70sTVlover

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted February 15 2007 - 11:44 PM

Yeh, you spoke about a new generation of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, now I haven't seen that as of yet, but I am in my late teens and I've discovered Quincy and I really want more of it released!

#24 of 227 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,315 posts

Posted February 17 2007 - 07:13 PM

Here's one more frustrated viewer, who wants more "Quincy", one of the most popular 70s shows and only one release so far...!!!!! Posted Image

#25 of 227 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 22 2008 - 02:57 AM

Were there music edits in the R2 boxset of the first and second season of Quincy, ME?

Did Quincy, ME reach a natural end or was it cancelled because of low ratings? The last episode of the eighth and final season "The Cutting Edge" was a pilot for a spin-off that never happened.

#26 of 227 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted June 22 2008 - 03:09 AM

Richard, please join the "Quincy, M.E." fans over on Shout! Factory's community forum in letting them know that we would like to have the remaining seasons put out and unedited. They have a licensing agreement with Universal, though they haven't said either way whether the studio would be willing to license the series to them.

Shout! Factory Community - Universal properties of interest?

I'm "macphoen" over there, BTW.

#27 of 227 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 22 2008 - 03:48 AM

Chris, haven't long added some comments to the thread on Shout! Factory's forum about unreleased or stalled Universal series on DVD.

#28 of 227 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted June 22 2008 - 04:02 AM

Thanks Richard for doing that. I appreciate it.

#29 of 227 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 10:42 AM

One of my favourite Quincy, ME episodes was the first episode with Diana Muldaur guest starring as a scientist or doctor. It was about a race against time to find the source of an outbreak of a disease/illness at a football stadium where an American Football game was soon to take place.

#30 of 227 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted December 14 2008 - 01:30 PM

am still hoping for this in 2009

#31 of 227 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,315 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 01:11 AM

Me too, I feel though a show like this with many words from the medical world, should have the subtitle option. Something which SF! doesn't include, but Uni does. :/

#32 of 227 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted December 15 2008 - 02:34 AM

I'm also hoping for a 2009 release for Season 3.

#33 of 227 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted December 24 2008 - 09:16 AM

Was Quincy, ME cancelled at the end of the 1982-83 US TV season because of low ratings?

#34 of 227 OFFLINE   Glenn Curtis

Glenn Curtis

Stunt Coordinator

• 61 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 01:27 AM

According to TVShows on DVD this has been announced for June.

Quincy, M.E. DVD news: Announcement for Quincy, M.E. - Season 3 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

I just hope that McCloud and MacMillan and Wife will also continue.

#35 of 227 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,324 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 01:33 AM

What outstanding news!! Some great shows in this season, especially the last couple, "Double Death" and "Requiem for the Living". "Passing" and "Matters of Life and Death" are also excellent shows.

To answer the cancellation question, the show had had middling ratings almost from the beginning, but they had taken a dip that last year. I read that it was a combination of that plus Klugman's contract ending after that seventh year and his not particularly pursuing the negotiations to continue.

Maybe the sleeping giant, Universal, is stirring...

#36 of 227 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,580 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 01:40 AM

Ah, excellent news! Looking forward to starting this series back up.

Gary "wacky, wacky stuff - this collecting TV shows on DVD" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#37 of 227 OFFLINE   Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanCollector
What outstanding news!! Some great shows in this season, especially the last couple, "Double Death" and "Requiem for the Living". "Passing" and "Matters of Life and Death" are also excellent shows.

Maybe the sleeping giant, Universal, is stirring...

I'm surprised that Universal is releasing this directly rather than licensing it to Shout! Factory or Arts Alliance America.

#38 of 227 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,157 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 02:41 AM

Likewise on the fact that this is direct from them, rather than licensed out.

If one or two other stalled titles follow on this ("Kojak", "McMillan And Wife" or please, please, "Dragnet"), then we'll see more than ample compensation for CBS/Paramount scaling back the rest of this year.

#39 of 227 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,580 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hug
I'm surprised that Universal is releasing this directly rather than licensing it to Shout! Factory or Arts Alliance America.

That is an astute and interesting observation, Bob. I just don't know what to make of it. But I'm glad they made the decision they did.

Gary "if only we could get them to begin releasing LITB again, I'd be truly ecstatic" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#40 of 227 OFFLINE   Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary OS
That is an astute and interesting observation, Bob. I just don't know what to make of it. But I'm glad they made the decision they did.

Gary "if only we could get them to begin releasing LITB again, I'd be truly ecstatic" O.

It's just strange to me that Universal would release this when you consider all of the licensing that they have done with Shout!, Arts Alliance and Timeless Media. For me, the situation with "Quincy" is a bit analogous to "Adam-12" and I thought that if this series were to get a revival on DVD, that it wouldn't come directly from Uni, but rather through one of their licensees, Shout! being the most obvious.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow