Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Price Is Right: 35th Year Premiere - 9/18/06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Scott Temple

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted September 15 2006 - 08:21 AM

This Monday, September 18th, The Price Is Right will begin its 35th year on CBS. Bob Barker, 82, has been hosting the show since its debut on September 4, 1972.

Here are some photos from the 35th premiere episode which was taped on August 31. Beware of a few spoilers such as a few of the games that will be played.

Posted Image
©2006 ~tpirman1982
Lacey Chabert is so fetch!
My DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray Disc library

#2 of 7 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted September 19 2006 - 01:13 PM

Bob Barker kicks ass. You've gotta REALLY love what you're doing to still be doing it when you're 82 fucking years old (with no set end in sight).

I admire the man and I still have 1 slot on my Tivo set to tape the daily episode... just in case! Posted Image

#3 of 7 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,456 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted September 19 2006 - 03:25 PM

This makes me feel so old. Not only do I remember when the Barker/TPiR premiered, I remember watching the original version with Bill Cullen when I was a kid back in the 60s...

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#4 of 7 DanielCo

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted September 25 2006 - 04:55 AM

I'm a Price is Right geek...to the point that I tape all the episodes. 35 years is amazing. Go get em Bob!

#5 of 7 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 25 2006 - 05:32 AM

#6 of 7 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted October 10 2006 - 07:57 AM

I've had my DVR for close to a month now, and this has quickly become my favorite thing to watch, bar none. I used to watch in the '80s, but I haven't been able to catch it in years. With the DVR, I watch it every weeknight before bed (well, I like to hold the Friday ep. for Sunday). There are a lot of changes from when I watched, but it feels completely the same. It's timeless.

#7 of 7 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted October 10 2006 - 02:15 PM

go bob go!
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...