What's new

Seabiscuit HD-DVD review! (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
I love this movie. But I also find it hard to re-watch. Hopefully the HD version will make your eyes stick to the screen longer.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
FYI...Walmart.com has it for $20.84 shipped. Never used them b4 but might on this one...

Great review too. Looks like Seabiscuit looks gorgeous on HD-DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
This is the best looking HD-DVD I've seen yet. It's not quite "flawless" as suggested by HD Digest's review but it's close. In the narrated, stille shots in the film's opening minute I saw a couple of lines wiggle. After that, I was just stunned by the video quality and could not find a bloody think to whine about. In the scene where Jeff Bridges has spent all night at the hospital....now it's morning and light is pouring through a window....the camera moves up close to Bridges, you can see bits of dust in the air. I can't recall ever seeing someting so small as dust in the air in a home video. That shot just amazed me.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

I wouldn't know how to state how much better it is but it's better looking. Buy a copy if you at all like the movie.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Apollo 13 has a lot of film grain showing, which is of course intentional but is easily mistaken for poor pq, hence it's not the best demo of HD-DVD's capabilities. Seabiscuit is the opposite, almost totally grain free and thus a great demo disc. It's the best looking of all the HD-DVDs I've owned or rented, though Training Day comes very close.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
Don't forget Chronicles of Riddick! Some people didn't really like it substance wise, but visually, it was stunning. I found how HD made the CG look so realistic to be the best eye-candy from COR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks