What's new

What's the weirdest food combo you (or someone you know) eat? (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
A friend recently told me that this is one of her husband's favorite snacks: He puts olives into a glass, crumbles Saltine crackers over them, then pours milk into the glass and eats it like cereal.

Just about the nastiest combination I could imagine.

Any others?

Jon

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
My fiancee (a vegetarian) eats Tuno salad (fake tuna), peanut butter and cheese on crackers. She calls it a Dagwood. I call it Ipecac.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A delicacy of my son's is a grilled cheese sandwich which includes peanut butter and chocolate.

I have his grandmother to thank for that. She figured the PB & Chocolate would get him to eat the sandwich (like any kid needs convincing to eat a grilled cheese)! :rolleyes

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I like Diet Squirt & Tequilla. Unfortunately, I can't get Diet Squirt where I live now.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
A friend used to eat cottage cheese with sugar.

Funny how it's always the friend. :laugh:

Now for something good... honey on a Ritz cracker is one of the greatest combos ever invented.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

StephenA

Screenwriter
I like french toast with mayo and tomatoes. I got the taste for it from my dad, because he used to love it as well. I still can't make it as good as he did, no matter how hard I try.

I also like pasta with butter and ketchup.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

That's not too far away from a Monte Cristo sandwich so I wouldn't consider that very odd.

As for me it's the PB and sliced jalapenos on white toast. But the personal menu item that really sets my wife off is the spaghetti sandwich. Whenever I make a batch of 'ghetti I like to put some on a slice of white bread, fold it over, and eat it like a sandwich. Now that I have both kids doing it she can't stand to eat with us on spaghetti night.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I put mayo on chinese food. Couple tablespoons, stir it up... Yum.

And I once made a sandwich with PB, hershey's syrup, and salami.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Mine would be toast with cream cheese and salami. My brother introduced me to it.

Another would be bagel with cream cheese and green olives. That one comes courtesy of my sister.

One I like myself is toast with peanut butter and strawberries. Most people I know like peanut butter with bananas, but I like strawberries better.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Take a block of cream cheese, pour Picante Sauce over it, and consume using ritz crackers....mmmmm....

I will also eat a peanut butter + onion sandwich thanks to Fred Savage in Little Monsters.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I have a thing for peanut butter....and I love to put cheetos (the crunchy ones) in the middle of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Trust me...it's rather delicious.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Not in my lounge, no ;).

While I've come to tolerate it, it is difficult to explain to you guys who grew up with it, just how bizarre, unnatural and frankly offensive to the taste buds the practice of mixing sweet with salty or sour, was, the first oh... 1000 times. We just don't do that.

And to this day, half of such dishes are off limit. Like the Fridays Jack Daniels Chicken. The sauce is like SYRUP. Who would want to eat.... sweet.................. chicken? :confused:

To me, it's like adding sugar to soup. Or adding salt to ice cream. Yuck.

--
H

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Those cheeseburgers on Krispy Kreme doughnuts don't sound too swift, though I haven't tasted one. (What if I actually liked it?)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Sound interesting, and I intend to try some day:

Double-Nasty: Everything else mentioned.

I also have a friend who regularly eats peanut butter and bologna sandwiches.

As for me, I love to drink straight pickle juice.

Jon

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I use cottage cheese for potato chip dip. wife thought I was crazy till she tried it.

I also love milk with pizza

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
My favorite artery-clogging breakfast is:

french toast, topped with peanut butter, real maple syrup, grated cheddar cheese, and cinnamon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks