Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Two Towers complete recording on 3disc + DVD-Audio MLP.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,945 posts

Posted September 13 2006 - 01:21 AM

November 7, 2006

see here:
http://www.howardsho..../lotr-ttt.html

at this rate, ROTK, the final release will be nov/dec 2007 sometime. hopefully sooner... but i doubt it =).

i hope it's not as soft as it was on FOTR release. it's awesome to have major soundtrack releases on a high-res format. do you think it'd've been more succesful if it was SACD hybrids? or... how about DVD-Audio MLP on 1 DVD as they do now AND SACD 5.1 hybrid on the 3 discs =).

PS do SACD hybrids store more length than regular redbook?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   PattyFraser

PattyFraser

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted September 13 2006 - 09:52 AM

I hope the DVD A has better sound, too. Some of the songs (particularly Enya's) in FotR CR had vocals that you can hardly hear. But that set was worth buying for Flaming Red Hair alone.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Paul.S

Paul.S

Producer

• 3,820 posts
  • LocationHollywood, California

Posted September 13 2006 - 11:20 AM

Excellent. But I still wish the DVD-A was available separately.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,945 posts

Posted April 07 2007 - 04:10 PM

so, did people eventually get around to buying this? i just received friday. it sounds totally SOLID, much more concrete than FOTR's mix =). perhaps they have listened to everyone's complaint about the first one? it just continues to rock. i can't wait for ROTK to complete this collection. this is just totally awesome! i can't wait!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   PattyFraser

PattyFraser

Second Unit

• 314 posts

Posted April 08 2007 - 11:42 AM

Yes, JediFonger, I bought mine after Christmas hinting did no good. The sound is much better than that on FotR. It will indeed be great when we have the RotK set to go along with it, because I want to be able to listen to the extended (movie) version of the Ride of the Rohirrim instead of the short version on the original soundtrack recording.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 06:08 AM

Did the SRP on Fellowship go down, or is the SRP on Two Towers simply higher? I'm much more comfortable with the price point on Fellowship.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Jim Ware

Jim Ware

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 06:32 AM

The retail price is higher. With at least one extra disc, 'The Return of the King' may be even more expensive.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,945 posts

Posted April 09 2007 - 03:01 PM

i bought it used for 45 delivered. i think new is 60 somn. ROTK might be 70ish. so i might wait for that to come down towards 40 as well. 70 for soundtrack of ONE film cost more than the EE trilogy box set!!! =(. the DVD-Audio MLP is awesome, unfortunately i dont think it's going to save high-res format. it just happened to be included. if it was a separate disc not as many buyers will have even thought about it.