What's new

The Two Towers complete recording on 3disc + DVD-Audio MLP. (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
November 7, 2006

see here:
http://www.howardshore.com/news/pres.../lotr-ttt.html

at this rate, ROTK, the final release will be nov/dec 2007 sometime. hopefully sooner... but i doubt it =).

i hope it's not as soft as it was on FOTR release. it's awesome to have major soundtrack releases on a high-res format. do you think it'd've been more succesful if it was SACD hybrids? or... how about DVD-Audio MLP on 1 DVD as they do now AND SACD 5.1 hybrid on the 3 discs =).

PS do SACD hybrids store more length than regular redbook?

PattyFraser

Second Unit
I hope the DVD A has better sound, too. Some of the songs (particularly Enya's) in FotR CR had vocals that you can hardly hear. But that set was worth buying for Flaming Red Hair alone.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
so, did people eventually get around to buying this? i just received friday. it sounds totally SOLID, much more concrete than FOTR's mix =). perhaps they have listened to everyone's complaint about the first one? it just continues to rock. i can't wait for ROTK to complete this collection. this is just totally awesome! i can't wait!

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Yes, JediFonger, I bought mine after Christmas hinting did no good. The sound is much better than that on FotR. It will indeed be great when we have the RotK set to go along with it, because I want to be able to listen to the extended (movie) version of the Ride of the Rohirrim instead of the short version on the original soundtrack recording.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Did the SRP on Fellowship go down, or is the SRP on Two Towers simply higher? I'm much more comfortable with the price point on Fellowship.

Jim Ware

Grip
The retail price is higher. With at least one extra disc, 'The Return of the King' may be even more expensive.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i bought it used for 45 delivered. i think new is 60 somn. ROTK might be 70ish. so i might wait for that to come down towards 40 as well. 70 for soundtrack of ONE film cost more than the EE trilogy box set!!! =(.

the DVD-Audio MLP is awesome, unfortunately i dont think it's going to save high-res format. it just happened to be included. if it was a separate disc not as many buyers will have even thought about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks