What's new

'Miami Vice' Details (1 Viewer)

JohnTRU

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

Picked up my R4 copy of 'Slither' this morning and the insert has some details on the 'Miami Vice' release, due on November 29.

- Audio Commentary with Director Michael Mann
- Deleted Scenes & outtakes
- Multiple Camera Angles
- Pre-production
- Real World High-tech Global Crime
- Special Effects & Stunts
- The Visual & Aural Style
- The Locations
- Creating the Chemistry between Crockett and Isabella

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
That's probably for a later release. No doubt Mann's 3-hr. version with the added opening act will be seen on DVD within a year.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Yes - there are photos of the boat racing scenes (including the two leads in their racing suits) as well as clips of the racing scenes in the trailer. As long as Miami Vice was, it wouldn't take much to hit the three hour mark.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Has a U.S. release date been announced yet? Hopefully it will be 11/28 here since it's going to be out 11/29 in R4.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor

Following test screening reports posted on Aintitcoolnews, it sounds like the first act of the movie was floundering and Mann's answer to that problem was to simply chop the first act -- 30-40 minutes -- completely out of the movie. The club scene that opens the theatrical cut occurs at least a half-hour into Mann's rough cut.

My guess is that if we ever see a director's cut it will actually run shorter. It will include new footage, but like most of the other Micheal Mann Director's cut, he will cut out as much footage as he puts back in.

If a director's cut happens that is.

Dave GR

Stunt Coordinator
The R1 release is coming December 5: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=62917

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Miami Vice for 5th December 2006 priced at $29.98 SRP. Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx star in director Michael Mann’s big-screen adaptation of Miami Vice.

Available in separate Rated Theatrical (133mins) and Unrated Director’s Edition (140mins) versions both are presented in anamorphic widescreen with English and French DD5.1 Surround audio. The Theatrical version also offers an English Audio Descriptive (DD2.0) and Spanish DD5.1 Surround audio tracks. Both include English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles.

Extras are TBC

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator

A little off topic,but does the region 4 Slither dvd have a reversible cover so that i don't have too look at that ugly ratings logo?

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
The director's cut will only be 7 minutes longer? That's surprising. I was expecting a lot more. Are they really not going to double-dip on this movie and just release the director's cut up front -- or are they saving their pile of clippings for an "extended cut" further down the line?

Oh, well. The movie's cinematography alone makes this a must-have DVD. This is going to look incredible on disc.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Creating the Chemistry between Crockett and Isabella...

Creating? From what what I heard, it was not in the film at all, one of the films biggest flaws.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe

With "Ali" and "Last of the Mohicans," Mann actually removed and added... so there's no way to know until it comes out (or at least until the full details are released)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor

I respectfully disagree. The Isabella/Crockett portion was actually my favorite part of the picture.

Glad to hear Uni's releasing a director's cut up front, and releasing it up front. My only "complaint" with the film was that it had just a bit more breathing room, and it looks like this'll do exactly that. Small changes like that can make a significant difference (re: Ali: DC). For those, interested, Mann did comment at the press junket that the abandoned boat sequence would appear on the dvd, presumably as a deleted scene.

Regards,
Nathan

P.S. Anyone notice there will be no fullscreen version available? What a badass Michael mann is. He did the same thing with Collateral and Ali.

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator

And the director's cut and the theatrical cut will be available for the same price, which is an even better deal for those who just don't want additional footage added to the movie. And when the movie's SRP retail price lowers in 2007, all that will be on the shelves will be widescreen copies.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wish there was more than 7 min. being added back to the film, but hopefully it will be quality material and not just "filler" like you get with a lot of the extended cuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks